Early Origins of the Falconieri family
The surname Falconieri was first found in Messina (Sicilian: Missina; Latin: Messana), capital of the Italian province of Messina. Its history begins in 397 B.C. After a checkered history the Saracens took it in 831, and the Normans
in 1061. It was host to the crusaders in 1190. Garibaldi landed in 1860 and it was the last city to be made a part of united Italy. The first record of the name was in the year 1000 when the family held estates in Cerami, Comiso, Asaro, Lamotta, in the barony of Domicella. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Falconieri family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Falconieri research.Another 331 words (24 lines of text) covering the years 1322, 1270, 1341, 1200, 1310, 1585, 1648, 1585, 1656, 1600, 1665, 1664, 1638 and 1704 are included under the topic Early Falconieri History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Falconieri Spelling Variations
Early Notables of the Falconieri family (pre 1700)
Prominent among bearers of this surname in early times was Lelio Falconieri (1585-1648), an Italian Catholic Cardinal from Florence; Falconieri (Falconiero) (c.
1585-1656), an Italian composer and lutenist from Naples; Aniello Falcone (1600-1665), an Italian Baroque painter... Another 36 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Falconieri Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Falconieri family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Falconieri Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Carmine Falconieri, aged 32, who arrived in America from Scaletta, Italy, in 1909
- Giuseppe Falconieri, aged 26, who arrived in America from Scalella, Italy, in 1910
- Antonio Carmelo Falconieri, aged 24, who arrived in America from Scaletta, Sicily, in 1911
- Maddalena Falconieri, aged 2, who arrived in America from Ponsa, Italy, in 1912
- Tommaso Falconieri, aged 24, who arrived in America from Scaletta, Sicily, in 1913
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Falconieri (post 1700)