Falconi History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Falconi family
The surname Falconi was first found in Messina (Sicilian: Missina; Latin: Messana), capital of the Italian province of Messina. Its history begins in 397 B.C. After a checkered history the Saracens took it in 831, and the Normans in 1061. It was host to the crusaders in 1190. Garibaldi landed in 1860 and it was the last city to be made a part of united Italy. The first record of the name was in the year 1000 when the family held estates in Cerami, Comiso, Asaro, Lamotta, in the barony of Domicella. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Falconi family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Falconi research. Another 166 words (12 lines of text) covering the years 1322, 1270, 1341, 1200, 1310, 1585, 1648, 1585, 1656, 1600, 1665, 1664, 1638 and 1704 are included under the topic Early Falconi History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Falconi Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Falcone, Falcione, Falciane and others.
Early Notables of the Falconi family (pre 1700)
Prominent among bearers of this surname in early times was Lelio Falconieri (1585-1648), an Italian Catholic Cardinal from Florence; Falconieri (Falconiero) (c. 1585-1656), an Italian composer and lutenist from Naples; Aniello Falcone (1600-1665), an Italian Baroque painter...
Another 36 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Falconi Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Falconi migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Falconi Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Charles Falconi, who landed in New York in 1796 
Falconi Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Antonio Falconi, who arrived in America in 1810 
Contemporary Notables of the name Falconi (post 1700) +
- Irina Falconi (b. 1990), professional American tennis player
- Fander Falconi Benitez (b. 1962), Ecuadorian economist and politician
- María Inés Falconi (b. 1954), award-winning Argentine writer and theatre director
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)