on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Ezell family come from? What is the German Ezell family crest and coat of arms? When did the Ezell family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Ezell family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Ezell, Ezel, Ezal, Etsel, Etsal, Etsell, Etsall, Eyzell, Eyzall, Eyzel, Eyzal, Ezle and many more.
First found in Silesia, where the family Ezell emerged in medieval times as one of the notable families of the region. Since the 13th century the surname was closely associated with feudal society's important social and economic advancements.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ezell research. Another 171 words(12 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Ezell History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Ezell Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Ezell Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Clarence Ezell, aged 21, who emigrated to the United States, in 1920
- Lee Ezell, aged 18, who settled in America, in 1920
- Max Ezell, aged 19, who landed in America, in 1921
- Ezakial Ezell, aged 23, who landed in America, in 1923
- Edward Clinton Ezell (1939-1993), American author and professor
- Francis Hays Ezell (b. 1933), American librarian
- Glenn Wayne Ezell (b. 1944), American former front-office executive in Major League Baseball
- William Ezell (1892-1963), American blues, jazz, ragtime and boogie-woogie pianist
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans (Edda Gentry trns). Dictionary of German Names . Madison, Wisconsin: Max Kade Institute, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-924119-35-7).
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
- Kapff, Rudolf. Schwäbische Geschlechtsnamen. Stuttgart: Verlag Silberburg, 1927. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. Pennsylvania German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Hopeful Journeys German Immigration, Settlement, and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
- Göbel, Otto. Niederdeutsche Familiennamen der Gegenwart Wolfshagen-Schäbentz. Franz: Westphal, 1936. Print.
The Ezell Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Ezell Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 12 November 2014 at 22:49.
on orders of $85 or more