on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Ezell family come from? What is the German Ezell family crest and coat of arms? When did the Ezell family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Ezell family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Ezell, Ezel, Ezal, Etsel, Etsal, Etsell, Etsall, Eyzell, Eyzall, Eyzel, Eyzal, Ezle and many more.
First found in Silesia, where the family Ezell emerged in medieval times as one of the notable families of the region. Since the 13th century the surname was closely associated with feudal society's important social and economic advancements.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ezell research. Another 171 words (12 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Ezell History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Ezell Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Ezell Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Clarence Ezell, aged 21, who emigrated to the United States, in 1920
- Lee Ezell, aged 18, who settled in America, in 1920
- Max Ezell, aged 19, who landed in America, in 1921
- Ezakial Ezell, aged 23, who landed in America, in 1923
- William Ezell (1892-1963), American blues, jazz, ragtime and boogie-woogie pianist
- Glenn Wayne Ezell (b. 1944), American former front-office executive in Major League Baseball
- James Ezell, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Arkansas, 1964
- Isaiah Ezell, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Alabama, 2004
- A. W. Ezell, American Democrat politician, Presidential Elector for Mississippi, 1920
- Francis Hays Ezell (b. 1933), American librarian
- Edward Clinton Ezell (1939-1993), American author and professor
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Hildenbrand, A.M. Wappenfibel. Handbuch der Heraldik. Neustadt an der Aisch: 1970. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Bahlow, Hans. Mecklenburgisches Namenbüchlein Ein Führer durch Mecklenburgs Familiennamen. Rostock: Carl Hinstorffs Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmacher's Grosses Wappenbuch 35 Volumes. Germany: Bauer & Raspe. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Journeys German Immigration, Settlement and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
The Ezell Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Ezell Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 19 October 2015 at 11:15.
on orders of $85 or more