Evetts History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Evetts family saga is rooted in the people of the Pictish Clan of ancient Scotland. The Evetts family lived on the lands of Eviot in Angus where the family has a long and distinguished history dating back to the early Middle Ages.
Early Origins of the Evetts family
The surname Evetts was first found in Perthshire (Gaelic: Siorrachd Pheairt) former county in the present day Council Area of Perth and Kinross, located in central Scotland, where they held a family seat from very ancient times, some say well before the Norman Conquest and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D.
Important Dates for the Evetts family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Evetts research. Another 75 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1300, 1478 and 1230 are included under the topic Early Evetts History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Evetts Spelling Variations
Prior to the invention of the printing press in the last hundred years, documents were basically unique. Names were written according to sound, and often appeared differently each time they were recorded. Spelling variations of the name Evetts include Eviot, Eviott, Evett, Evyot, Evyott, Evyotte and many more.
Early Notables of the Evetts family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Evetts Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Evetts migration to the United States
The freedom of the North American colonies was enticing, and many Scots left to make the great crossing. It was a long and hard journey, but its reward was a place where there was more land than people and tolerance was far easier to come by. Many of these people came together to fight for a new nation in the American War of Independence, while others remained loyal to the old order as United Empire Loyalists. The ancestors of Scots in North America have recovered much of this heritage in the 20th century through Clan societies and other such organizations. A search of immigration and passenger lists revealed many important and early immigrants to North America bearing the name of Evetts:
Evetts Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- August Evetts, aged 21, who arrived in America from Hamburg, Germany, in 1906
- Elizabeth Evetts, aged 50, who arrived in America from London, England, in 1906
- Edgar Evetts, aged 30, who arrived in America from Rio de Janeiro, South America, in 1918
- Emma Evetts, aged 36, who arrived in America from Newcastle-under-Lyme, England, in 1921
Contemporary Notables of the name Evetts (post 1700)
- Steve Evetts, American music producer
- Clinton Evetts, American Republican politician, Presidential Elector for Texas, 2012 
- Lieutenant-General Sir John Fullerton Evetts CB, CBE, MC (1891-1988), English career soldier of the British Army, General Officer Commanding the 6th Division in 1941
- Hayley Evetts (b. 1976), English singer, TV presenter and stage actor
You May Also Like
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 12) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html