Escudero History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Spanish surname Escudero is of occupational origin, that is, it belongs to that group of names derived from the job or profession pursued by its original bearer. In this instance "escudero" is an old Spanish word meaning "person who makes shields" from the Latin word "scutum" which means "squire," and refers to the servant who used to carry his lord's shield when it was not needed.
Early Origins of the Escudero family
The surname Escudero was first found in the town of Espinosa de los Monoteros, in the region of Castille. There was also a family named Escudero de Larramendi who had their "casa solar" or ancestral seat in the province of Navarre in the north of Spain.
Important Dates for the Escudero family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Escudero research. Another 85 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 166 and 1669 are included under the topic Early Escudero History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Escudero Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Escudera, Escuder, Escudé, Escudero and others.
Early Notables of the Escudero family (pre 1700)
Con la Reconquista guerra con la que los cristianos bajo las órdenes del rey Fernando y la reina Isabel reconquistaron a España y expulsaron a los musulmanes invasores en el año 1492. Dentro de estos nombres de...
Another 37 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Escudero Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Escudero migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Escudero Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Antonio Escudero, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1803 
- Candido Escudero, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1803 
- Pedro Escudero, who arrived in America in 1812 
- Jose Luis Escudero, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1820 
- Alonso Escudero, who arrived in Nombre de Dios, Panama in 1835 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Escudero (post 1700)
- Stanley Tuemler Escudero (b. 1942), American politician, U.S. Ambassador to Tajikistan, 1992-95; Uzbekistan, 1995-97; Azerbaijan, 1997 
- Gonzalo Escudero, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from California, 2008 
- Gloria Escudero, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Puerto Rico, 2008 
- Dora Escudero, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from California, 2004 
- Alberto Escudero, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Puerto Rico, 2008 
- Alberto María Carreño Escudero (1875-1962), university professor and writer in Mexico
- Luis Escudero Igartúa (b. 1941), industrial engineer in Spain
- Gonzalo Escudero Moscoso (b. 1903), politician in Ecuador and diplomat to France
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 30) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html