Ertman History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Ertman family
The surname Ertman was first found in Silesia, where the name emerged after the 14th century, where it was related to the name "Ertmar"; this name is also reflected in the place name Erdmannsdorf, found in both Saxony and Silesia. This family name spread throughout the northern regions of Germany, and Ertwin Erdtmann is mentioned in Osnabrueck chronicles as early as 1509.
Important Dates for the Ertman family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ertman research. Another 97 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1703, 1843, 1629, 1666, 1665, 1666, 1774, 1835, 1804, 1869, 1805 and 1892 are included under the topic Early Ertman History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Ertman Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Erdmann, Erdman, Ertmann, Ertman, Erdtmann and many more.
Early Notables of the Ertman family (pre 1700)
Another 49 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Ertman Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Ertman migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Ertman Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Martin Ertman, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1765 
Contemporary Notables of the name Ertman (post 1700)
- Albert F. Ertman, American Democrat politician, Candidate for New York State Assembly from Herkimer County, 1919 
- Morris Ertman (b. 1958), Canadian playwright, scenic designer, artistic director, theatre director and artistic director of Rosebud Theatre
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 22) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html