100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Engelhardt family come from? What is the German Engelhardt family crest and coat of arms? When did the Engelhardt family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Engelhardt family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Engelhart, Englehart, Engelhard, Engelhardt, Inglehard, Inglehart, Inglehardt, Engelhaus, von Englelhart, von Engelhardt and many more.
First found in Silesia, where the name gained a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It later became more prominent as many branches of the same house acquired distant estates and branches, some in foreign countries, always elevating their social status by their great contributions to society.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Engelhardt research. Another 301 words(22 lines of text) covering the years 1558, 1573, 1772, 1668 and 1719 are included under the topic Early Engelhardt History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Engelhardt Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Engelhardt Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Sophia Engelhardt, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1732
- Joh Wilhelm Engelhardt, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1753
- Joh Jacob Engelhardt, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1764
- Thomas Engelhardt, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1770
- Jean Engelhardt, who arrived in Charles Town, South Carolina in 1782
Engelhardt Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Frederick Engelhardt, aged 22, landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1825
- Fredrik Abraham Engelhardt, aged 22, arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1825
- Heinrich Engelhardt, who landed in Texas in 1846
- Andries Engelhardt, who arrived in Baltimore in 1848
- Abich Engelhardt, who arrived in Baltimore in 1848
- Kurt Damian Engelhardt (b. 1960), United States federal judge
- Hugo Tristram Engelhardt (b. 1941), American philosopher specializing in the history and philosophy of medicine
- Brett Engelhardt (b. 1980), American ice hockey player
- August Engelhardt (1875-1919), German author
- Christer Engelhardt (b. 1969), Swedish social democratic politician
- Bryan Engelhardt (b. 1982), Dutch baseball player
- Strassburger, Ralph B. Pennsylvania German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Haverkamp, Alfred. Medieval Germany 1056-1273 2nd edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Journeys German Immigration, Settlement and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Bahlow, Hans (Edda Gentry trns). Dictionary of German Names . Madison, Wisconsin: Max Kade Institute, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-924119-35-7).
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Kapff, Rudolf. Schwäbische Geschlechtsnamen. Stuttgart: Verlag Silberburg, 1927. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Hopeful Journeys German Immigration, Settlement, and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
The Engelhardt Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Engelhardt Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 16 December 2013 at 16:31.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!