Duris History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Duris family
The surname Duris was first found in Dauphiny (French: Dauphiné or Dauphiné Viennois), a former province in southeastern France, where the family has been a prominent family for centuries, and held a family seat
with lands and manor. They held a family seat in D'Oris, in the department of Isere, in the canton of Entraigues a community from which they take their name. The name was connected with an ancient Indo Euopean Swiss race which migrated to the region from Thessalie in the 13th century. The family were well established in the region of the Rhone in south eastern France and several members of the family distinguished themselves through their contributions toward the community in which they lived and were rewarded with lands, titles and letters patent confirming their nobility.
Early History of the Duris family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Duris research.Another 148 words (11 lines of text) covering the year 1708 is included under the topic Early Duris History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Duris Spelling Variations
of this family name include: D'Oris, Doris, Dorris, Dorries, Dorrisse, Dorais, De Oris, De Orris and many more.
Early Notables of the Duris family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Duris Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Duris family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Duris Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Beta Duris, aged 25, who landed in America, in 1895
- Gyorgy Duris, aged 26, who landed in America, in 1895
- Jan Duris, aged 25, who emigrated to the United States, in 1895
- Chaie Duris, aged 36, who emigrated to the United States, in 1896
- David Duris, aged 16, who landed in America, in 1896
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Duris Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Janos Duris, aged 35, who settled in America, in 1905
- Anna Duris, aged 8, who emigrated to America, in 1921
Contemporary Notables of the name Duris (post 1700)
- Miller M. Duris, American politician, Mayor of Hillsboro, Oregon, 1975 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 4) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Romain Duris (b. 1974), French actor
Duris Family Crest Products
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 4) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html