Durfee History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Durfee family
The surname Durfee was first found in Gascony (French: Gascogne), an area of southwest France bordering Spain, that was part of the "Province of Guyenne and Gascony" prior to the French Revolution, where this eminent family held a family seat since ancient times.
Early History of the Durfee family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Durfee research. Another 496 words (35 lines of text) covering the years 1093, 1154, 1224, 1259, 1305, 1363, 1451, 1452, 1563, 1630, 1744, 1762, 1781, 1487, 1474, 1640, 1709, 1461, 1653 and 1723 are included under the topic Early Durfee History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Durfee Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Durfort, Durforte, Durfaurre, Deforte, Duforte, Desforte, Dufaute, Defaute, Durfort, Dufortes and many more.
Early Notables of the Durfee family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family at this time was Jean de Durfort, Lord of Duras, Blanquefort and Villandrau, Mayor of Bordeaux in 1487, followed Charles VIII in the conquest of the Kingdom of Naples in 1474 and Louis XII to the Duchy of Milan, later to become the Governor of Drême in Lombardie.
Louis Durfort or Duras Earl of Feversham (1640?-1709), was a general and the sixth son of Guy Aldonce de Durfort, marquis de Duras, by his...
Another 75 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Durfee Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Durfee migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Durfee Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Neil Durfee, aged 40, who arrived in Massachusetts in 1813 
- E A Durfee, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1850 
Contemporary Notables of the name Durfee (post 1700) +
- Edmund Durfee Sr. (1788-1845), American settler and early member of the Latter Day Saint movement
- Nathaniel Briggs Durfee (1812-1872), U.S. Representative from Rhode Island
- Job Durfee (1790-1847), American politician and jurist
- James Randall Durfee (1897-1977), United States Court of Claims judge and Chairman of the Civil Aeronautics Board
- Araminta Estelle "Minta" Durfee (1889-1975), American silent film actress
- Henry R. Durfee, American politician, Delegate to New York State Constitutional Convention 26th District, 1894 
- Gideon H. Durfee, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Rhode Island, 1864 
- Elihu Durfee, American politician, Member of New York State Assembly from Wayne County 2nd District, 1850 
- D. M. Durfee, American Democratic Party politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Montana, 1912 
- Charles Durfee, American Republican politician, Member of Illinois State House of Representatives 51st District, 1907-11; Delegate to Republican National Convention from Illinois, 1920 
- ... (Another 6 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 28) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html