100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!
Duplessis History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Noble surnames, such as Duplessis, evoke images of the ancient homeland of the French people. The original bearer of the name Duplessis, which is a local
surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Maine. In France, hereditary surnames
were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local
names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate.The Duplessis family originally derived its surname from the place-name Plessis, which was in Maine.
Early Origins of the Duplessis family
The surname Duplessis was first found in Maine.
Early History of the Duplessis family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Duplessis research.Another 117 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1310, 1355, 1549, 1554, 1586, 1605, 1627, 1630, 1690, 1694, 1725, 1699, 1774, 1735, 1740, 1750, 1766, 1680, 1732, 1663, 1741, 1727 and 1733 are included under the topic Early Duplessis History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Duplessis Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Duplessis, Duplesis, Duplessi, Du Plessis, Duplessy, Du Plessy and many more.
Early Notables of the Duplessis family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family at this time was Philippe Du Plessis-Mornay, lord of Plessis-Marly and a diplomat around 1549; Bertrand Du Plessis was councilor at the cour-des-aides of Perigueux in 1554; Jacques Du Plessis was bishop of Lucon in 1586; Suzanne de Bruc was marquise of Du Plessis in 1605 and... Another 154 words (11 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Duplessis Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Duplessis family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Duplessis Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Charles-Denis Duplessis married in America in 1742
- Marie Duplessis, aged 47, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1785 CITATION[CLOSE]
Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
Duplessis Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- Marguerite Duplessis, who landed in Quebec in 1664
- Anne Duplessis married in 1665 in Quebec
- Francois Duplessis married in 1689 in Champlain, Quebec
Contemporary Notables of the name Duplessis (post 1700)
- Rachel Blau DuPlessis (b. 1941), American poet and essayist
- Jean-Baptiste Vigoureux Duplessis, French Divisional General during the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars from 1789 to 1815 CITATION[CLOSE]
Generals Who Served in the French Army during the Period 1789-1815. (Retrieved 2015, November 3) Jean-Baptiste Duplessis. Retrieved from http://www.napoleon-series.org/research/c_frenchgenerals.html
- Anne Lucile Philippe Laridon Duplessis (1770-1794), wife of the French revolutionary and journalist Camille Desmoulins
- Joseph-Siffred Duplessis (1725-1802), French painter, known for the realist style and the immediacy of his portraits; his portrait of Benjamin Franklin (1778) is still reproduced on the U.S. hundred dollar bill
- Marie Duplessis (1824-1847), born Alphonsine Rose Plessis, a French courtesan and mistress, inspiration for Marguerite Gautier, the main character of La Dame aux Camélias by Alexandre Dumas the younger, one of Duplessis' lovers
- Alexandre Duplessis (b. 1970), Canadian politician, 6th Mayor of Laval, Quebec (2012-2013)
- Josée Duplessis, Canadian politician, Chair of the Montreal Executive Committee in 2013
- Nérée Le Noblet Duplessis (1855-1926), Canadian politician, Mayor of Trois-Rivières and Member of the Legislative Assembly, father of Premier Maurice Duplessis
- Jerry "Wonda" Duplessis, Haitian-born Grammy Award-winning musical composer and record producer
- Suzanne Duplessis (b. 1940), Canadian Member of Parliament, Secretary to the Minister for External Relations and International Development
- ... (Another 3 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Duplessis Family Crest Products
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ Generals Who Served in the French Army during the Period 1789-1815. (Retrieved 2015, November 3) Jean-Baptiste Duplessis. Retrieved from http://www.napoleon-series.org/research/c_frenchgenerals.html
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!