on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Dull family come from? What is the German Dull family crest and coat of arms? When did the Dull family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Dull family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Dollard, Dillard, Dolard, Dilard, Dollards, Dillards, Dullaert, Dollardt, Dillardt, Dollart and many more.
First found in Germany, where the name Dollard came from humble beginnings but gained a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It later became more prominent as numerous branches of the same house acquired distant estates, some of which were located in other countries. Through the acquisition of these estates as well as their important contributions to society, the family successfully elevated their social status.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dull research. Another 172 words(12 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Dull History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Dull Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Dull Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Jahan Nickell Dull, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1739
- Joh Michel Dull, who landed in New York, NY in 1764
- Frederick Dull, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1765
- Christian Dull, aged 25, arrived in Pennsylvania in 1776
Dull Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Andrew Dull, who arrived in Clearfield Co. Pennsylvania in 1834
- Adam Dull, who landed in Indiana in 1852
- Andrew Dull, who arrived in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania in 1868
- Valentine Dull, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1876
Dull Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Conrad Dull, who settled in Nova Scotia in 1751
- Jack Dull (1930-1995), U.S. scholar of the history of Han China
- John Dull, American folk music artist and folk music promoter
- Oswald, G. Lexicon der Heraldik. Leipzig: 1984. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Brechenmacher, Josef Karlmann. Deutches Namenbuch. Stuttgart: Verlag von Adolf Bonz & Comp, 1928. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Hopeful Journeys German Immigration, Settlement, and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Karlsruhe. Badisches Generallandesarchiv Baden Emigration lists 1866-1911. Salt Lake City: Microfilm of Card Index by the Genealogical Society of Utah. Print.
The Dull Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Dull Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 13 December 2014 at 15:13.
on orders of $85 or more