Duchateau History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Duchateau surname is derived from the same roots as the French word "château", which means "castle".
Early Origins of the Duchateau family
The surname Duchateau was first found in Artois, a former province of northern France where this illustrious family held a family seat with lands and manor for many centuries.
Chastel, Haute-Loire, is in the Haute-Loire department; Chastel, Haute-Loire, is in the Haute-Loire department; Chastel-Arnaud, is in the Drôme department; Chastel-Nouvel, is in the Lozère department; and Chastel-sur-Murat, is in the Cantal department.
Guigo I also known as Guigues du Chastel, Guigo de Castro and Guigo of Saint-Romain, (1083-1136), was a Carthusian monk and the 5th prior of Grande Chartreuse monastery in the 12th century.
Tanneguy III du Chastel (or Tanguy du Châtel) (1369-1449) was a French military leader of the Hundred Years' War. he was so well regarded the King Louis XI had him buried at the Basilique Notre-Dame de Cléry-Saint-André (Loiret), where Louis XI himself was later buried in 1483.
Early History of the Duchateau family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Duchateau research. Another 101 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1274, 1618, 1712, 1644, 1681, 1616, 1694, 1635, 1683, 1684, 1749, 1684, 1703 and 1716 are included under the topic Early Duchateau History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Duchateau Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Castel, Castet, Castets, Castex, Castelli, Ducastel, Delcastel and many more.
Early Notables of the Duchateau family (pre 1700)
Another 50 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Duchateau Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In France, the name Duchateau is the 2,940th most popular surname with an estimated 2,000 - 2,500 people with that name. 
Duchateau migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Duchateau Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Lena DuChateau, aged 10, who immigrated to America, in 1904
- Henry Duchateau, aged 29, who immigrated to the United States from Wignehies, France, in 1908
- Albert Duchateau, aged 2, who settled in America from Fournies, France, in 1908
- Emile Duchateau, aged 27, who immigrated to the United States from Wignehies, France, in 1908
- Marie Duchateau, aged 21, who immigrated to the United States from Fournies, France, in 1908
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Duchateau (post 1700) +
- Eugene “Gene” DuChateau (b. 1954), retired American soccer goalkeeper
- André-Paul Duchâteau (b. 1925), Belgian comics writer and mystery novelist
Related Stories +
- ^ http://www.journaldesfemmes.com/nom-de-famille/nom/