Duboise History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname Duboise is a ancient French name from Brittany (French: Bretagne). It was a name given to a person who was a boissel, a person who measured corn in the market or someone who made bushel baskets for corn. It is important to realize that wheat was called corn in the medieval period, therefore a boissel would have been working with grain, not maize.
Early Origins of the Duboise family
The surname Duboise was first found in Auvergne and Bas-Limousin where they are recorded as an ancient family with lands and estates.
René Dubois, born in 1630, travelled from Poitou, France to Quebec in the 17th century. Along with his wife, Anne-Julienne (née Dumont), they completed their home in Quebec on 25th November 1665. Together they had eight children and now have ancestors all throughout Canada. 
Early History of the Duboise family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Duboise research. Another 227 words (16 lines of text) covering the years 1290, 1346, 1447, 1529, 1584, 1604, 1694, 1638, 1694, 1656 and 1723 are included under the topic Early Duboise History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Duboise Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Dubois, du Bois, Duboie, Duboi, Duboy, Duboys, Duboit, Dubbois, Dubboie, Dubboi, Dubboy, Dubboys, Dubboit and many more.
Early Notables of the Duboise family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family was François Dubois (1529-1584), a French Huguenot painter; Jean Dubois the Elder (1604-1694), the French landscape painter and painter to the king; Jean-Baptiste Boisot (1638-1694), (Abbé...
Another 29 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Duboise Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Duboise migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Duboise Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- J Duboise, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1860 
Contemporary Notables of the name Duboise (post 1700) +
- E. W. DuBoise, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Mississippi, 1912; Candidate for Presidential Elector for Mississippi, 1920 
Related Stories +
- ^ Olivier, Reginald L. Your Ancient Canadian Family Ties. Logan: The Everton Publishers, Inc., P.O. Box 368, 1972. Print
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 13) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html