Dierks History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Dierks family
The surname Dierks was first found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in North Holland, a province of the Netherlands. The principal cities are Amsterdam, Haarlem and Hilversum. It was the seat of the old Counts of Holland. Seat of one of the oldest families is Brederode Castle near Haarlem. There are many old and quaint towns in the province. including Medemblik, Enkhuizen, Hoorn, Edam, and Monnikendam. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Important Dates for the Dierks family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dierks research. Another 73 words (5 lines of text) covering the year 1846 is included under the topic Early Dierks History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Dierks Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Dirk, Dirke, Dirkes, Dirks, Dirck, Durk, Durck, Durke, van Dirk, Dirike, Dierkes and many more.
Early Notables of the Dierks family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Dierks Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Dierks migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Dierks Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Georg Anton Dierks, who landed in America in 1814 
- Anten Dierks, who settled in New York in 1832
- Aug Dierks, who arrived in North America in 1832-1849 
- Anna Dierks, who landed in Galveston, Tex in 1845 
- Anna Dierks, who settled in Galveston, TX in 1845
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Dierks (post 1700)
- Diana Dierks, American Democrat politician, Candidate for Kansas State Senate 35th District, 2000 
- Dierks Bentley (b. 1975), American country music artist
- Dierks Dieter (b. 1943), German record producer
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 15) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html