Di stefano History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The name Di stefano is of patronymic origin, meaning that the first person to bear the surname took it from his father's personal name. A popular medieval personal name, Stefano, is the basis of this name and its variants. Stefano itself is derived from the Greek "stephanos" which means "laurel crown." The English equivalent of the name, Stephen was a very popular Christian name in medieval Europe because of two renowned saints of the that name.
Early Origins of the Di stefano family
The surname Di stefano was first found in Sicily (Italian: Sicilia), the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea.
Early History of the Di stefano family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Di stefano research. More information is included under the topic Early Di stefano History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Di stefano Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Stefanelli, Stefani, Stefano, Steffan, Steffani, Stifano, Stifani, Stevani, Stevano, Stevan, Stievano, Stieven, Stivani, Schivani, Stepan, Steppan, De Stefani, De Stefanis, Di Stefano, Stepancich, Stepancic, Stepcich, Stipancich and many more.
Early Notables of the Di stefano family (pre 1700)
Prominent among bearers of this surname in early times was Giovanni di Stefano ( fl. 1366-1391), an Italian architect who designed the tabernacle at the Basilica of St. John Lateran in...
Another 30 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Di stefano Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Di stefano Ranking
In the United States, the name Di stefano is the 6,924th most popular surname with an estimated 4,974 people with that name.  However, in France, the name Di stefano is ranked the 7,659th most popular surname with an estimated 1,000 - 1,500 people with that name. 
Di stefano migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Di stefano Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Carmine DiStefano, a shoemaker who arrived in New York onboard the SS Olympia in 1896
Contemporary Notables of the name Di stefano (post 1700) +
- James G. DiStefano, American Republican politician, Candidate for New York State Senate 49th District, 2008 
- Tony DiStefano (b. 1957), American top motocross champion of the 1970s
- Benito James "Benny" DiStefano (b. 1962), American former professional baseball player
- David Andrés Distéfano (b. 1987), Argentine football midfielder
- Alfredo di Stefano (b. 1926), Argentine soccer player
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ http://www.journaldesfemmes.com/nom-de-famille/nom/
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 25) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html