Early Origins of the Devore family
The surname Devore was first found in Forez
, a former province of France, now part of the modern Loire, the Haute-Loire and Puy-de-Dôme départements, where the family has been a prominent family for centuries, and held a family seat
with lands and manor. The family were well established in this region and several members of the family distinguished themselves through their contributions toward the community in which they lived. They were rewarded with lands, titles and letters patent confirming their nobility.
Early History of the Devore family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Devore research.Another 51 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Devore History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Devore Spelling Variations
of this family name include: De Vaur, Devaur, Devore, Vaure, Vaurs, Vaurin, Vaury, Vabre, DeVuare, De la Vaure, DuVaure and many more.
Early Notables of the Devore family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Devore Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Devore family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Devore Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Samuel F. Devore, aged 36, who arrived in America, in 1903
- Stella F. Devore, aged 34, who arrived in America, in 1903
- James Devore, aged 44, who arrived in America, in 1911
- Joshua Devore, aged 24, who arrived in America, in 1911
- Marion DeVore, aged 35, who arrived in America, in 1912
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Devore (post 1700)
- Ophelia DeVore (1922-2014), American businesswoman and former model, first African-American model in the United States
- Edward Allen DeVore Jr. (1947-1968), United States Army soldier
- Dorothy Devore (1899-1976), leading and popular American silent-film actor and comedian
- Douglas Rinehart DeVore (b. 1977), former American Major League Baseball outfielder
- Cain Devore, American film and television actor
- Leland Swarts Devore (1889-1939), American football tackle and military officer
- Louis "Billy" Devore (1910-1985), American racecar driver
- Howard DeVore (1925-2005), American archivist, science fiction collector, dealer, expert on pulp magazines, APA and fanzine writer
- Irven DeVore (b. 1934), American anthropologist and evolutionary biologist
- Earl Devore (1888-1928), American racecar driver
- ... (Another 9 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)