Depoy History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Depoy family
The surname Depoy was first found in Languedoc where they anciently held lands and estates.
Raymond du Puy went in the Crusades to Jerusalem where he was the Grand Master de Saint-Jean in 1120, and it was from Hugues Puy who lived in 1200 that the many diverse lines of the family started including that of Du Puy of Rochefort. Déodat de Podio was a Knight's apprentice in 1359, Martial Dupuy was the Lord of Roquette, and was connected with de Montmorency when he acquired the fiefs of Sébastien Endrien in 1514, and a Dupuy was the secretary to the King in 1737.
Guillaume II Du Puy was the Lord of Lalogarde, Saint Paul and Magrin, and maintained the family patent letters and heraldic cap of nobility for the family and future generations in 1669. François Du Puy, Lord of Saint Armand, Knight of Malta, was a captain of Grenadiers of the regiment of Lorraine, and commander of the royal troops in India for which he was rewarded as a Knight of Saint-Louis in 1716.
Paul Dupuis, son of Simon and Suzanne (neé Brusquet), was Lord of Ile-aux-Oies, ensign in a company, and officer in the Regiment of Carignan. He married Jeanne Couillard in Quebec on 22nd October 1668. He later became Lieutenant-General of the Quebec Police and remained in this position until his death on 21st December 1713. 
Important Dates for the Depoy family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Depoy research. Another 170 words (12 lines of text) covering the years 1109, 1110, 1120, 1200, 1359, 1514, 1669, 1716, and 1737 are included under the topic Early Depoy History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Depoy Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Dupuis, Dupuits, Dupuit Dupuy, du Puy, Dupuy, Du Peu, dePeu, DuPeux, LePeu, Dupè, Pouey, Poueigh, Pouy, Dupouy, Poy, Puig, Delpuy, Pouet, LePuy, LePuis, DePuis, DePuy, Le Pouey, DuPouy, LePeux, Dupée and many more.
Early Notables of the Depoy family (pre 1700)
Another 46 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Depoy Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Depoy migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Depoy Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Florence De Poy, aged 38, who arrived in America from Oakland, Cal., in 1919
Contemporary Notables of the name Depoy (post 1700)
- Darren DePoy, American professor of Physics and Astronomy at Texas A & M University
- Phillip DePoy, American Edgar Award winning writer, composer and poet, writer in residence for the Georgia Council for the Arts
- Frank DePoy, American Republican politician, Chair of Pendleton County Republican Party, 1962-63 
- ^ Olivier, Reginald L. Your Ancient Canadian Family Ties. Logan: The Everton Publishers, Inc., P.O. Box 368, 1972. Print
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 19) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html