Depew History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Depew family
The surname Depew was first found in Ile-de-France, where the family has been a prominent family for centuries, and held a family seat with lands and manor. The family were well established in the region of Paris and several members of the family distinguished themselves through their contributions toward the community in which they lived and were rewarded with lands, titles and letters patent confirming their nobility.
Early History of the Depew family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Depew research. Another 105 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1744, 1746 and 1818 are included under the topic Early Depew History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Depew Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Duppauer, Dupouy, Dupper, Depauer, Tupaur, Depew, Dupew and many more.
Early Notables of the Depew family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Depew Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Depew is the 5,792nd most popular surname with an estimated 4,974 people with that name. 
Depew migration to Canada +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Depew Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- George Depew, who landed in Canada in 1831
Contemporary Notables of the name Depew (post 1700) +
- Alfred DePew, American-born, Canadian resident short story writer, and journalist, recipient of the 1990 Flannery O'Connor Award for Short Fiction and the 1988 Artist Fellows Maine Arts Commission Award
- Chauncey Mitchell Depew (1834-1928), American attorney for Cornelius Vanderbilt 's railroad interests, President of the New York Central Railroad, eponym of Depew, New York and Depew, Oklahoma
- Robert Depew (b. 1962), American professional baseball player
- Joseph Depew (1912-1988), American television director and producer and actor
- Pierre H. DePew, American Republican politician, Member of New York State Assembly from Rockland County, 1922; Defeated, 1922; Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from New York, 1944 
- Milton E. Depew, American politician, Candidate for Michigan State House of Representatives from Oakland County 1st District, 1916; Candidate for U.S. Representative from Michigan 6th District, 1928 
- Joel Depew, American politician, Mayor of Bloomington, Illinois, 1864 
- James R. DePew, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Illinois, 1960 
- Daniel D. Depew, American politician, Member of New Jersey State Senate from Bergen County, 1854-56 
- Chauncey Mitchell Depew (1834-1928), American Republican politician, Secretary of State of New York, 1864-65; U.S. Senator from New York, 1899-1911 
- ... (Another 1 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +