Deluna History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Noble surnames, such as Deluna, evoke images of the ancient homeland of the Spanish people. The original bearer of the name Deluna, which is a local surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Spain. In Spain, hereditary surnames were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate.The Deluna family originally lived in the town called Luna.
Early Origins of the Deluna family
The surname Deluna was first found in Aragon, an important Christian kingdom of medieval Spain.
Early History of the Deluna family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Deluna research. Another 187 words (13 lines of text) covering the years 1137, 1148, 1170, 1238, 1229, 1282, 1469, 1299, 1358, 1406, 1396, 1397, 1328, 1423, 1388, 1390, 1453, 1453, 1519, 1573 and 1559 are included under the topic Early Deluna History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Deluna Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Luna, de Luna, de la Luna and others.
Early Notables of the Deluna family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family were Maria de Luna (1358-1406), Queen Consort of Aragon, spouse of King Martin I of Aragon, known as "La Grande" (English: The Great), regarded as one of the most notable queens in Aragon, regent 1396-1397.
Pedro Martínez de Luna y Pérez de Gotor (1328-1423), known as el Papa Luna in Spanish and Pope Luna in English, was an Aragonese nobleman, who as Pope Benedict XIII, is considered an antipope (see Western Schism) by the Catholic Church.
Álvaro de Luna y Jarana (c. 1388 and 1390 - 1453), Duke of Trujillo, 1st Count of San Esteban...
Another 100 words (7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Deluna Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Deluna migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Deluna Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Peter Deluna, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1682 
Deluna Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Diego DeLuna, who arrived in Spanish Main in 1838 
- Pedro DeLuna, who landed in Nombre de Dios, Panama in 1838 
Contemporary Notables of the name Deluna (post 1700) +
- Kathleen Emperatriz "Kat" DeLuna (b. 1987), American award winning singer and dancer of Dominican decent
- Marisol Deluna (b. 1967), American fashion designer
- Mario Roso de Luna, Spanish philosopher
- Jeff de Luna (b. 1984), Filipino silver medalist pool player in 2006
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)