on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Noble surnames, such as Deluna, evoke images of the ancient homeland of the Spanish people. The original bearer of the name Deluna, which is a local
surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Spain
. In Spain
, hereditary surnames
were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local
names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate.The Deluna family originally lived in the town called Luna.
The surname Deluna was first found in Aragon
, an important Christian kingdom of medieval Spain.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Luna, de Luna, de la Luna and others.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Deluna research. Another 373 words (27 lines of text) covering the years 1137, 1148, 1170, 1238, 1229, 1282, 1469, 1299, 1358, 1406 and 1396 are included under the topic Early Deluna History in all our PDF Extended History products
Another 199 words (14 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Deluna Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Deluna Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Peter Deluna, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1682
Deluna Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Diego DeLuna, who arrived in Spanish Main in 1838
- Pedro DeLuna, who landed in Nombre de Dios, Panama in 1838
- Marisol Deluna (b. 1967), American fashion designer
- Kat DeLuna (b. 1987), American singer of Dominican decent
- Mario Roso de Luna, Spanish philosopher
- Pedro de Luna (1328-1423), Avignon Pope Benedict XIII
- Jeff de Luna (b. 1984), Filipino pool player
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
The Deluna Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Deluna Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 18 December 2015 at 10:07.
on orders of $85 or more