Delp History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Delp family
The surname Delp was first found in Cheshire at Doddington, an ecclesiastical district, in the parish of Wybunbury, union and hundred of Nantwich. "In a mutilated tower which formed part of Doddington Castle, erected by Sir John Delves in 1364, are preserved statues of Lord Audley and his four squires, who fought under the Black Prince at Poitiers." 
Important Dates for the Delp family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Delp research. Another 111 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1455, 1487 and 1172 are included under the topic Early Delp History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Delp Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Delves, Delve, Delph, Delf, Delves, Delvere, Dellves, Dellfs, Telf, Telve, Telves and many more.
Early Notables of the Delp family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Delp Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Delp family to Ireland
Some of the Delp family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.
Another 63 words (4 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Delp migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Delp Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johann Georg Delp, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1738 
- J Nicklaus Delp, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1749 
- Georg Peter Delp, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1753 
- Margaretha Delp, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1762 
Delp Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Margareta Delp, who landed in Ohio in 1816 
- Georg Delp, aged 29, who arrived in New York in 1854 
- Leonhard Delp, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1876 
Contemporary Notables of the name Delp (post 1700)
- Terry Delp, American Democrat politician, Candidate for Michigan State House of Representatives 88th District, 1998 
- George C. Delp, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Pennsylvania, 1956 
- Daniel S. Delp, American Republican politician, Member of Pennsylvania State Senate 28th District, 1995-98 
- ^ Lewis, Samuel, A Topographical Dictionary of England. Institute of Historical Research, 1848, Print.
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 22) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html