on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the French Deloach family come from? What is the French Deloach family crest and coat of arms? When did the Deloach family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Deloach family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: de Loach, Deloach, Delouche, Desloges, Delouches, Deloges, Louche, Duloches, Loche, Loget, DeLocke, DeLock, Locke, Lock, Loach, Loke, DeLoke and many more.
First found in Burgundy (French: Bourgogne), an administrative and historical region of east-central France where the family has been a prominent family for centuries, and held a family seat with lands and manor. The family were well established in the region of Dijonnais and several members of the family distinguished themselves through their contributions toward the community in which they lived and were rewarded with lands, titles and letters patent confirming their nobility.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Deloach research. Another 249 words (18 lines of text) covering the years 1400, 1483, and 1557 are included under the topic Early Deloach History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Deloach Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Deloach Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Sweet Arelia De Loach, who arrived in America, in 1908
- Edouard M. De Loach, aged 35, who arrived in Memphis, Tennesee, in 1914
- Aaron DeLoach (b. 1983), American soccer player
- Rear Admiral Jay A. DeLoach (b. 1955), American Director of Naval History and Director of the Naval History and Heritage Command and the Curator of the Navy
- Jerry A. DeLoach (b. 1977), former American football defensive end
- Cynithia "Janay" DeLoach, United States track and field athlete
- Cartha "Deke" Deloach (b. 1920), American Deputy Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) of the United States
- Gary DeLoach (b. 1954), American football coach
- Ashlee Nicole DeLoach (b. 1979), American actress
- Darryl James DeLoach (1947-2002), American founding member, lyricist and original lead vocalist of the rock group Iron Butterfly
- A. B. DeLoach, American politician, Mayor of Texarkana, Texas, 1908-12
- James Edward DeLoach Jr., American Democrat politician, Candidate in primary for U.S. Representative from Maryland 2nd District, 2002
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- de la Porte, A. Tresor Heraldique. Paris: F. Casterman, 1864. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- D'Hozier Charles. Armorial Général de France. Paris: Dillon, 1875. Print.
The Deloach Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Deloach Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 22 October 2015 at 09:41.
on orders of $85 or more