Delatorre History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Noble surnames, such as Delatorre, evoke images of the ancient homeland of the Spanish people. The original bearer of the name Delatorre, which is a local surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Spain. In Spain, hereditary surnames were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate. The Delatorre family originally lived in the place named Torres. There are many towns and villages in Spain that are named Torres, but the most famous are in the provinces of Andalucia, Oviedo in the Principality of Asturias, Burgos in Castilla-Leon, Lerida in Catalonia, Zaragoza in Aragon, and Navarra. The place-name is of Latin origin and it emerged during the Roman occupation of the Iberian Peninsula.
Early Origins of the Delatorre family
The surname Delatorre was first found in Castile, where the name originated in Visigothic times.
Early History of the Delatorre family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Delatorre research. Another 73 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1630, 1653 and 1726 are included under the topic Early Delatorre History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Delatorre Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Torres, Torre, de Torres, de las Torres, de la Torre, de Torre, Turre, de Turre and many more.
Early Notables of the Delatorre family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family Juan de Torres, a fifteenth century knight; Alfonso de la Torre and Fernando de la Torre, fifteenth century Spanish poets; sixteenth century adventurer Diego de Torres; Francisco de la Torre, sixteenth century Spanish poet; Bartolomé de Torres Naharro, sixteenth century Spanish dramatist; Fernando M. Torre, Count of La Torre, who commanded the Spanish...
Another 58 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Delatorre Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Delatorre migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Delatorre Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Bernaldo DeLaTorre, who arrived in America in 1835 
- Diego DeLaTorre, who arrived in America in 1835 
- Luis DeLaTorre, who landed in Dominican Republic in 1835 
- Pablo DeLaTorre, who arrived in New Spain in 1836 
- Alonso DeLaTorre, who landed in Dominican Republic in 1836 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Delatorre (post 1700) +
- Rachel de la Torre (b. 1977), American actress, known for her work on Deputy (2020) and Briarpatch (2020)
- Anthony De La Torre (b. 1993), American actor and musician from Bowling Green, Ohio, known for 100 Things to Do Before High School (2014) and as Young Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (2017)
- Nathan DeLaTorre, American actor, known for his roles in Criminal Minds (2018), Baby Gilr and Dead-ish (2017)
- Jonathan De La Torre, Spanish actor, known for Flower (2017), Dark Hours: Roxana and The Infiltrators 2019
- José de la Torre, Spanish actor from Malaga
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)