Dehaan History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Dehaan family
The surname Dehaan was first found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in North Holland, a province of the Netherlands. The principal cities are Amsterdam, Haarlem and Hilversum. It was the seat of the old Counts of Holland. Seat of one of the oldest families is Brederode Castle near Haarlem. There are many old and quaint towns in the province. including Medemblik, Enkhuizen, Hoorn, Edam, and Monnikendam. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Dehaan family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dehaan research. Another 97 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1623 and 1776 are included under the topic Early Dehaan History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Dehaan Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Haen, Haene, Haenn, Haenns, Haenes, Haens, Hean, Heann, Heanes, Häen, van Haen and many more.
Early Notables of the Dehaan family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Dehaan Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Dehaan is the 10,370th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name.  However, in Netherlands, the name Dehaan is ranked the 30th most popular surname with an estimated 21,739 people with that name. 
Dehaan migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Dehaan Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Darrick Wopkes DeHaan, who settled in Baltimore in 1847
- Boukje DeHaan, aged 5, who landed in Baltimore, Maryland in 1847 
- Darrick Wopkes DeHaan, aged 4, who arrived in Baltimore, Maryland in 1847 
- J J Heemstra DeHaan, aged 31, who arrived in Baltimore, Maryland in 1847 
- Jankje DeHaan, aged 2, who arrived in Baltimore, Maryland in 1847 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Dehaan Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Lewis DeHaan, who arrived in Mississippi in 1904 
Contemporary Notables of the name Dehaan (post 1700) +
- Christel DeHaan (1942-2020), German-born American businesswoman, philanthropist and owner of Resort Condominiums International
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ https://forebears.io/netherlands/surnames
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)