Degrange History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Degrange family
The surname Degrange was first found in Champagne.
Early History of the Degrange family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Degrange research. Another 30 words (2 lines of text) covering the years 1510, 1572, 1576, 1738, 1761, 1830, 1838, 1870, 1877, and 1883 are included under the topic Early Degrange History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Degrange Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Granger, Grangier, Grangé, Grangié, Grange, Granche, Grancher, Grangeon, Granjon, Grangheon, Grangeaud, Grangerat and many more.
Early Notables of the Degrange family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family during this period was Jean de La Grange (Jean de Lagrange), (c. 1325-1402), French prelate and politician, during the reigns of Charles V and Charles VI, important member of the papal curia at Avignon; Granger (c. 1680s-1734), born Tourtechot, was a French physician and traveler; Jean Grangeret, born in Vezet (Haute-Sarne) in 1738, who was a general; Louis Grange was an episcopal vicar around 1761; Lucie-Anne Poujoulas or Mrs Adolphe Grange, born in 1838, was a writer; Pierre-Eugène...
Another 82 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Degrange Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In France, the name Degrange is the 7,502nd most popular surname with an estimated 1,000 - 1,500 people with that name. 
Degrange migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Degrange Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Andre Degrange, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1749 
- Andre DeGrange, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1749 
- John DeGrange, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1750 
Contemporary Notables of the name Degrange (post 1700) +
- James E. DeGrange Sr., American Democratic Party politician, Member of Maryland State Senate 32nd District; Elected 1998 
- Garrett S. DeGrange, American Republican politician, Postmaster at Frederick, Maryland, 1898-1907 
Related Stories +
- ^ http://www.journaldesfemmes.com/nom-de-famille/nom/
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 11) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html