Deek History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The ancient Scottish name Deek was first used by the Strathclyde-Briton people of the Scottish/English Borderlands. The original bearer of the name lived in Dutton, Lancashire.
Early Origins of the Deek family
The surname Deek was first found in Cumberland, where one reference claims "the name, originally 'Del Dykes,' is derived from the two lines of Roman wall in 'Burgh,' from whence the family at a remote period originated." 
Ramerus de Dikes, who lived before the reign of Henry II is the supposed ancestor of the family. The family held estates at Dovenby, in the parish of Bridekirk.
Early History of the Deek family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Deek research. Another 249 words (18 lines of text) covering the years 1207, 1272, 1301, 1379, 1421, 1471, 1457, 1509, 1600, 1649, 1630, 1685, 1765, 1619, 1669, 1660, 1666, 1650, 1706, 1685, 1689, 1700, 1756, 1614, 1617, 1688, 1620, 1761, 1847 and 1761 are included under the topic Early Deek History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Deek Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Dyke, Dykes, Dike, Dikes and others.
Early Notables of the Deek family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family at this time was Sir Thomas Dyke (1619-1669), an English politician who sat in the House of Commons from 1660 to 1666; Sir Thomas Dyke, 1st Baronet (c. 1650-1706), an English politician, Member of Parliament for Sussex (1685-1689); Sir Thomas Dyke, 2nd Baronet (c. 1700-1756); Leonard Dykes, Sheriff of Cumberland.
Daniel Dyke (d. 1614), was an English Puritan divine, born at...
Another 64 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Deek Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Deek migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Deek Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Agnes Deek, who arrived in New York, NY in 1811 
- Agnus Deek, who landed in New York, NY in 1811 
- James Deek, who arrived in New York, NY in 1811 
Contemporary Notables of the name Deek (post 1700) +
- John Robert Deek, American Libertarian politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Texas 13th District, 2012 
Related Stories +
- ^ Shirley, Evelyn Philip, The Noble and Gentle Men of England; The Arms and Descents. Westminster: John Bower Nichols and Sons, 1866, Print.
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 11) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html