Early Origins of the De porto family
The surname De porto was first found in Vicenza, anciently known as Vicetia, a town in Venetia, capital of the province of Vicenza. It was conquered by the Venetians in 1405. It has many beautiful palaces and churches, galleries and museums. The cathedral is Gothic. The original church SS.Felice e Fortunato was built in 975 but has been much altered. It is notable for its development painters, architects, sculptors and scholars. Natives were Trissino, Palladio, Pigafetta, Fogazzaro, Mantegna, Montagna, Speranza, Scamozzi and Buoncosiglio.In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the De porto family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our De porto research.Another 94 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1533, 1602, 1515, 1577, 1500, 1577, 1535 and 1615 are included under the topic Early De porto History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
De porto Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Delporto, Della Porta, Porto, Porta, de Porto and others.
Early Notables of the De porto family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Giacomo della Porta (c.
1533-1602), an Italian architect and sculptor, who worked on many important buildings in Rome, including St. Peter's Basilica. Guglielmo Della Porta (1515-1577) was an Italian sculptor and Guglielmo della Porta... Another 41 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early De porto Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the De porto family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Vicente Porto, who came to Puerto Rico in 1803; as well as an F. De Porto, who came to New Orleans in 1853.
De porto Family Crest Products