De la torre History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Noble surnames, such as De la torre, evoke images of the ancient homeland of the Spanish people. The original bearer of the name De la torre, which is a local surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Spain. In Spain, hereditary surnames were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate. The De la torre family originally lived in the place named Torres. There are many towns and villages in Spain that are named Torres, but the most famous are in the provinces of Andalucia, Oviedo in the Principality of Asturias, Burgos in Castilla-Leon, Lerida in Catalonia, Zaragoza in Aragon, and Navarra. The place-name is of Latin origin and it emerged during the Roman occupation of the Iberian Peninsula.
Early Origins of the De la torre family
The surname De la torre was first found in Castile, where the name originated in Visigothic times.
Important Dates for the De la torre family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our De la torre research. Another 73 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1630, 1653 and 1726 are included under the topic Early De la torre History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
De la torre Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Torres, Torre, de Torres, de las Torres, de la Torre, de Torre, Turre, de Turre and many more.
Early Notables of the De la torre family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family Juan de Torres, a fifteenth century knight; Alfonso de la Torre and Fernando de la Torre, fifteenth century Spanish poets; sixteenth century adventurer Diego de Torres; Francisco de la Torre, sixteenth century Spanish poet; Bartolomé de Torres Naharro, sixteenth century Spanish dramatist; Fernando M. Torre, Count of La Torre, who commanded the Spanish...
Another 58 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early De la torre Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
De la torre migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical De la torre Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
De la torre Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Bernaldo DeLaTorre, who arrived in America in 1835 
- Diego DeLaTorre, who arrived in America in 1835 
- Luis DeLaTorre, who landed in Dominican Republic in 1835 
- Pablo DeLaTorre, who arrived in New Spain in 1836 
- Alonso DeLaTorre, who landed in Dominican Republic in 1836 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)