Dalson History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Dalson family
The surname Dalson was first found in Cumberland where they were established shortly after the Conquest when Ranulph Meschin granted the barony of Dalston to Robert, brother of Hubert and Ranulph de Vaux. Hence, conjecturally, the surname is descended from the tenant of the lands of Dalston, about five miles from Carlisle, who was recorded in the Domesday Book census of 1086. Lord of Gillisland, first assumed the name from his residence. Robert was from the de Vaux Castle in Berners in Normandy and is recorded at Hastings. From this de Vaux family descended both the Stricklands and the Dalstons. Today, Dalston is a large village with a population of about 2,500 people within the City of Carlisle district of Cumbria, England.
Early History of the Dalson family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dalson research. Another 109 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1607, 1617, 1641, 1664, 1760, 1541, 1581, 1657, 1618, 1621, 1629, 1640, 1643, 1657, 1621, 1629, 1640, 1643, 1683, 1640, 1644, 1641, 1711, 1723 and 1765 are included under the topic Early Dalson History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Dalson Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Dalston, Dalstun, Daulston, Daulstan, Dalsten and many more.
Early Notables of the Dalson family (pre 1700)
Outstanding amongst the family at this time was Thomas Dalston of Dalston Hall, High Sheriff of Cumberland in 1541; Sir George Dalston (1581-1657), an English politician, High Sheriff of Cumberland in 1618, Member of Parliament for Cumberland (1621-1629) and (1640-1643); Sir John Dalston, of Dalston, Cumberland; and his son, Sir George Dalston (died 1657) an English politician, Member of Parliament for Cumberland (1621-1629) and (1640-1643)...
Another 65 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Dalson Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Dalson migration to Canada +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Dalson Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Mr. Isaac Dalson Sr., U.E. who settled in Western District [The townships of Essex County and Kent County], Ontario c. 1784 
- Mr. Mathew Dalson U.E. who settled in Canada c. 1784 
- Isaac Dalson, who settled in Canada between 1796-1803
Dalson Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- S. D. Dalson, who settled in Ontario in 1871
- Jessie Dalson, who settled in Ontario in 1871
Related Stories +
- ^ Rubincam, Milton. The Old United Empire Loyalists List. Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc, 1976. (Originally published as; United Empire Loyalists. The Centennial of the Settlement of Upper Canada. Rose Publishing Company, 1885.) ISBN 0-8063-0331-X