Dalke History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Dalke family
The surname Dalke was first found in Edinburgh where they held a family seat. After the Norman Conquest of England many of Duke William's rebellious Barons moved north. The border became a convenient no-man's land. Notable families such as the Percy, the Umfravilles and the Nevilles gathered many supporting clans around them. In the 16th century they became known as the 'unruly clans'. In that century, many of those clans drove their herds south, and they settled in Yorkshire and Lancashire. The name was first recorded in Edinburgh in the 17th century.
Early History of the Dalke family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dalke research. Another 164 words (12 lines of text) covering the years 1430 and 1663 are included under the topic Early Dalke History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Dalke Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Dalkeith, Dalkieth and others.
Early Notables of the Dalke family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Dalke Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Dalke is the 11,896th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Dalke migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Dalke Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Abraham Dalke, who landed in New York, NY in 1878 
- Franz Dalke, who arrived in New York, NY in 1878 
- Heinrich Dalke, who landed in New York, NY in 1878 
- Johann Dalke, who arrived in New York, NY in 1878 
- Katharina Dalke, who landed in New York, NY in 1878 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Dalke (post 1700) +
- James A. Dalke, American owner of KARR, a Christan music radio station in Kirkland, Washington
- Earl Dalke, American principal of Hugo High School, Hugo, Oklahoma
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)