Dacus History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Dacus family
The surname Dacus was first found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Amsterdam, an ancient 13th century town held by the Lords of Amstel. Giesebrecht II built a castle there. Geisbrecht III built the dam to keep out the sea. It is first mentioned in charters of 1275 when Floris IV, the count of Holland granted its charter. It became a city of great mercantile wealth. It hold great treasures of art. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into a most influential family.
Early History of the Dacus family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dacus research.Another 252 words (18 lines of text) covering the year 1532 is included under the topic Early Dacus History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Dacus Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Dicus, Dick, Diks, Dickek, Dickstein, Dicksthein, Dykenstein, Dyks and many more.
Early Notables of the Dacus family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Dacus Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Dacus family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Abigail Dykes, who came to Boston in 1637; Thomas Diche, who settled in Virginia in 1664; Andrew Dykes, who settled in America in 1684; Peter Dise, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1741.
Contemporary Notables of the name Dacus (post 1700)
- Robert Weston Dacus (b. 1985), former American NFL football linebacker who played from 2008 to 2011
- Katherine Nell "Kaye" Dacus, American author and editor, known for her first novel, Stand-In Groom, published in 2009
- Stan Dacus, American sound engineer, known for his work on Elton John: One Night Only-Greatest Hits Live (2001), Happy Holidays with Bobby Goldsboro (1989) and the 2012 CMT Music Awards
- Jacob Dacus, American actor, known for Outlaw Prophet: Warren Jeffs (2014), My All American (2015) and Drawing a Blank (2015)
- Don "Donnie" Dacus (b. 1951), American guitarist, singer, actor, writer, and co-producer, known for his work with Stephen Stills and later the jazz-rock group Chicago from 1978-1980
Dacus Family Crest Products
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!