100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: German, Polish
Where did the German Czarnecki family come from? What is the German Czarnecki family crest and coat of arms? When did the Czarnecki family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Czarnecki family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Cherney, Chernay, Cherne, Czerne, Czerney, Czerny, Czernay, Chernie, Chernee, Charnie, Charnee, Charney, Charnay, Czarny, Charni, Charny, Czarni, Cerney and many more.
First found in Austria, where since ancient times the Cherney family made important contributions to the development of the district. Being prominent in social affairs, the family formed alliances with other notable families during the region's most turbulent events.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Czarnecki research. Another 227 words (16 lines of text) covering the years 1800, 1791, 1857, 1880 and 1793 are included under the topic Early Czarnecki History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 91 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Czarnecki Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Czarnecki Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Andrsy Czarnecki, aged 20, who emigrated to America, in 1892
- Ant. Czarnecki, aged 36, who landed in America from Plock, Russia, in 1893
Czarnecki Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Antoni Czarnecki, aged 40, who emigrated to the United States from Jastrezebna, Russia, in 1909
- Alexander Czarnecki, aged 34, who emigrated to the United States from Warschau, Russia, in 1909
- Adam Czarnecki, aged 18, who landed in America from Londek, Russia, in 1910
- Bernard Czarnecki, aged 42, who settled in America from Nastawie, Austria, in 1910
- Adolf Czarnecki, aged 31, who emigrated to the United States from Kikol, Russia, in 1911
- Walter Czarnecki (1914-1979), American Republican politician, Member of Michigan Republican State Central Committee, 1950-64; Delegate to Republican National Convention from Michigan, 1964
- Katherine Czarnecki (1911-2001), American Republican politician, Candidate for Delegate to Michigan State Constitutional Convention from Wayne County 7th District, 1961
- John Czarnecki, American politician, Mayor of East Lansing, Michigan, 1983-87
- Harry Czarnecki, American Democrat politician, Candidate in primary for Delegate to Michigan State Constitutional Convention from 1st Senatorial District, 1961
- Anthony Czarnecki, American politician, U.S. Collector of Customs, 1932
- Jim Czarnecki, American film producer
- Andrzej Czarnecki, Professor of Physics at the University of Alberta, Canada
- Tadeusz Czarnecki (b. 1960), Polish visual artist
- Krzysztof Czarnecki (b. 1957), Polish politician
- Tobler-Meyer, Wilhelm. Familiennamen der Ostschweiz. Zürich: 1894. Print.
- Götze, Alfred. Familiennamen im badischen Oberland. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1918. Print.
- Zoder, Rudolf. Familiennamen in Ostfalen. Hildesheim: Geog Olms Verlagsbuchhandlung, 1968. Print.
- Garland, Mary and Henry Garland Editions. Oxford Companion To German Literature 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0198158963).
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Schenk, Trudy. Wuerttemberg Emigration Index Volume I-VIII. Salt Lake City: Ancestry Inc., 1986. Print.
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Deutschlands geographische Namenwelt Etymologisches Lexikon der Fluss- und Ortsnamen alteuropaischer Herkunft. Frankfurt: Suhrkamp, 1985. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
The Czarnecki Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Czarnecki Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 23 October 2015 at 09:24.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!