100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: German
The surname Czarnecki was first found in Austria
, where since ancient times the Cherney family made important contributions to the development of the district. Being prominent in social affairs, the family formed alliances with other notable families during the region's most turbulent events.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Cherney, Chernay, Cherne, Czerne, Czerney, Czerny, Czernay, Chernie, Chernee, Charnie, Charnee, Charney, Charnay, Czarny, Charni, Charny, Czarni, Cerney and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Czarnecki research. Another 227 words (16 lines of text) covering the years 1800, 1791, 1857, 1880 and 1793 are included under the topic Early Czarnecki History in all our PDF Extended History products
Another 91 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Czarnecki Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Czarnecki Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Andrsy Czarnecki, aged 20, who emigrated to America, in 1892
- Ant. Czarnecki, aged 36, who landed in America from Plock, Russia, in 1893
Czarnecki Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Antoni Czarnecki, aged 40, who emigrated to the United States from Jastrezebna, Russia, in 1909
- Alexander Czarnecki, aged 34, who emigrated to the United States from Warschau, Russia, in 1909
- Adam Czarnecki, aged 18, who landed in America from Londek, Russia, in 1910
- Bernard Czarnecki, aged 42, who settled in America from Nastawie, Austria, in 1910
- Adolf Czarnecki, aged 31, who emigrated to the United States from Kikol, Russia, in 1911
- Walter Czarnecki (1914-1979), American Republican politician, Member of Michigan Republican State Central Committee, 1950-64; Delegate to Republican National Convention from Michigan, 1964
- Katherine Czarnecki (1911-2001), American Republican politician, Candidate for Delegate to Michigan State Constitutional Convention from Wayne County 7th District, 1961
- John Czarnecki, American politician, Mayor of East Lansing, Michigan, 1983-87
- Harry Czarnecki, American Democrat politician, Candidate in primary for Delegate to Michigan State Constitutional Convention from 1st Senatorial District, 1961
- Anthony Czarnecki, American politician, U.S. Collector of Customs, 1932
- Jim Czarnecki, American film producer
- Andrzej Czarnecki, Professor of Physics at the University of Alberta, Canada
- Tadeusz Czarnecki (b. 1960), Polish visual artist
- Krzysztof Czarnecki (b. 1957), Polish politician
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Zoder, Rudolf. Familiennamen in Ostfalen. Hildesheim: Geog Olms Verlagsbuchhandlung, 1968. Print.
- Göbel, Otto. Niederdeutsche Familiennamen der Gegenwart Wolfshagen-Schäbentz. Franz: Westphal, 1936. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Hildenbrand, A.M. Wappenfibel. Handbuch der Heraldik. Neustadt an der Aisch: 1970. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. Pennsylvania German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Garland, Mary and Henry Garland Editions. Oxford Companion To German Literature 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0198158963).
The Czarnecki Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Czarnecki Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 23 October 2015 at 09:24.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!