100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: Dutch
The surname Coster was first found in Gloucestershire
in the west of England
where they held a family seat
from very ancient times.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Coster, Costar, Costard, Costerman and others.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Coster research. Another 169 words (12 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Coster History in all our PDF Extended History products
Another 23 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Coster Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Coster Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Andrew Coster, who settled in Virginia in 1653
- Andrew Coster, who landed in Virginia in 1653
- Hans Coster, who arrived in America in 1657
- Hans Coster, who settled in America in 1657
- Hendrik Coster, who arrived in New Netherland in 1658
Coster Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- David Coster, who arrived in Maryland in 1733
- H. Henry Coster, who arrived in Philadelphia in 1753
- Joshua Coster arrived in New England in 1774
- Henry A. Coster, who came to New York in 1784
- Henry A Coster, who landed in New York in 1784
Coster Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Abraham Coster, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1803
- Friderick Coster, who settled in Pennsylvania in 1803
- Friderick Coster, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1803
- Charles Henry Coster, who settled in Philadelphia in 1810
- Pedro A Coster, aged 28, arrived in Key West, Fla in 1845
Coster Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- John Coster landed in Nelson, New Zealand in 1842 aboard the ship Geo Fife
- John Coster arrived in Nelson aboard the ship "George Fyfe" in 1842
- Mary Coster arrived in Nelson aboard the ship "George Fyfe" in 1842
- Charles Coster, aged 18, a farm labourer, arrived in Nelson aboard the ship "George Fyfe" in 1842
- Nicolas Coster (b. 1934), British-born American actor, known for his roles in Buck Rogers in the 25th Century and Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Charles Coster (1837-1888), American soldier and public official, Commander of a brigade at the Battle of Gettysburg
- Tracy Coster (b. 1966), Australian country music singer and songwriter
- Howard Sydney Musgrave Coster (1885-1959), British photographer, perhaps best known for his photograph of A. A. Milne with his son Christopher Robin Milne and Pooh Bear
- Elizabeth Mary Coster (b. 1982), New Zealand swimmer at the 2004 Summer Olympics and the 2006 Commonwealth Games
- Stan Coster OAM (1930-1997), Australian country musician, father of country music singer Tracy Coster
- Dirk Coster (1889-1950), Dutch physicist, Professor of Physics and Meteorology at the University of Groningen
- Charles De Coster (1827-1879), Belgian novelist
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Sanders, Joanne McRee Edition. English Settlers in Barbados 1637-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Reaney P.H and R.M. Wilson. A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X).
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Papworth, J.W and A.W Morant. Ordinary of British Armorials. London: T.Richards, 1874. Print.
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1790. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Holt, J.C. Ed. Domesday Studies. Woodbridge: Boydell, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0-85115-477-8).
The Coster Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Coster Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 21 September 2015 at 09:05.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!