on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: Dutch, English, German
Where did the English Coster family come from? What is the English Coster family crest and coat of arms? When did the Coster family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Coster family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Coster, Costar, Costard, Costerman and others.
First found in Gloucestershire in the west of England where they held a family seat from very ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Coster research. Another 169 words(12 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Coster History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 23 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Coster Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Coster Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Andrew Coster, who settled in Virginia in 1653
- Andrew Coster, who landed in Virginia in 1653
- Hans Coster, who arrived in America in 1657
- Hans Coster, who settled in America in 1657
- Hendrik Coster, who arrived in New Netherland in 1658
Coster Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- David Coster, who arrived in Maryland in 1733
- H. Henry Coster, who arrived in Philadelphia in 1753
- Joshua Coster arrived in New England in 1774
- Henry A. Coster, who came to New York in 1784
- Henry A Coster, who landed in New York in 1784
Coster Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Abraham Coster, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1803
- Friderick Coster, who settled in Pennsylvania in 1803
- Friderick Coster, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1803
- Charles Henry Coster, who settled in Philadelphia in 1810
- Pedro A Coster, aged 28, arrived in Key West, Fla in 1845
Coster Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- John Coster landed in Nelson, New Zealand in 1842 aboard the ship Geo Fife
- John Coster arrived in Nelson aboard the ship "George Fyfe" in 1842
- Mary Coster arrived in Nelson aboard the ship "George Fyfe" in 1842
- Charles Coster, aged 18, a farm labourer, arrived in Nelson aboard the ship "George Fyfe" in 1842
- Charles Coster (1837-1888), American soldier and public official
- Nicolas Coster (b. 1934), British-born American actor
- Ritchie Coster, Actor
- Charles De Coster (1827-1879), Belgian novelist
- Dirk Coster (1889-1950), Dutch physicist
- Stan Coster (1930-1997), Australian country musician
- Papworth, J.W and A.W Morant. Ordinary of British Armorials. London: T.Richards, 1874. Print.
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Dunkling, Leslie. Dictionary of Surnames. Toronto: Collins, 1998. Print. (ISBN 0004720598).
- Magnusson, Magnus. Chambers Biographical Dictionary 5th edition. Edinburgh: W & R Chambers, 1990. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Virkus, Frederick A. Ed. Immigrant Ancestors A List of 2,500 Immigrants to America Before 1750. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1964. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin . Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
The Coster Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Coster Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 9 April 2012 at 08:49.
on orders of $85 or more