Coppock History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Coppock family
The surname Coppock was first found in Cheshire where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. The language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. But Saxon surnames survived and the family name was first referenced in the year 1379 when William Coppoke held lands in East Cheshire.
Early History of the Coppock family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Coppock research. Another 99 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1539, 1746, 1957, 1455 and 1487 are included under the topic Early Coppock History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Coppock Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Coppock, Coppack, Coppak, Coppick, Coppuck and others.
Early Notables of the Coppock family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Coppock Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Coppock is the 10,936th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Coppock migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Coppock Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Bartholomew Coppock, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1682 with the William Penn colonists
- Bartholomew Coppock, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1682 
- Aaron Coppock, recorded in Maryland in 1690
Coppock migration to Australia +
Emigration to Australia
followed the First Fleets
of convicts, tradespeople and early settlers. Early immigrants include:
Coppock Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Miss Mary Coppock, (b. 1772), aged 31, British Convict who was convicted in Oxford, Oxfordshire, England for 7 years for stealing, transported aboard the "Experiment" on 4th December 1803, arriving in New South Wales, Australia 
Contemporary Notables of the name Coppock (post 1700) +
- E.S.C. Coppock, American technical analysis specialist, eponym of the Coppock curve used in the stock market
- Chet Coppock (b. 1949), American Emmy award-winning radio broadcaster, television broadcaster and sports talk personality
- Mr. Roger Charles Coppock M.B.E., British Head for Corporate and Forestry Support, was appointed Member of the Order of the British Empire on 8th June 2018, for services to Forestry 
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ Convict Records Voyages to Australia (Retrieved 22nd March 2021). Retrieved from https://convictrecords.com.au/ships/coromandel-and-experiment
- ^ "Birthday and New Year Honours Lists (1940 to 2019)." Issue 62507, 28 December 2018 | London Gazette, The Gazette, Dec. 2018, www.thegazette.co.uk/honours-lists