on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Coppock family come from? What is the English Coppock family crest and coat of arms? When did the Coppock family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Coppock family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Coppock, Coppack, Coppak, Coppick, Coppuck and others.
First found in Cheshire where they held a family seat as Lords of the Manor. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. The language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. But Saxon surnames survived and the family name was first referenced in the year 1379 when William Coppoke held lands in East Cheshire.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Coppock research. Another 197 words(14 lines of text) covering the years 1539, 1746, 1957, 1455 and 1487 are included under the topic Early Coppock History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Coppock Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Coppock Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Bartholomew Coppock, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1682 with the William Penn colonists
- Bartholomew Coppock, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1682
- Aaron Coppock, recorded in Maryland in 1690
- Chet Coppock (b. 1949), American Emmy award-winning radio broadcaster, television broadcaster and sports talk personality
- E.S.C. Coppock, American technical analysis specialist, eponym of the Coppock curve used in the stock market
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Leeson, Francis L. Dictionary of British Peerages. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1121-5).
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Foster, Joseph. Dictionary of Heraldry Feudal Coats of Arms and Pedigrees. London: Bracken Books, 1989. Print. (ISBN 1-85170-309-8).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Virkus, Frederick A. Ed. Immigrant Ancestors A List of 2,500 Immigrants to America Before 1750. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1964. Print.
The Coppock Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Coppock Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 11 March 2014 at 15:47.
on orders of $85 or more