on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Coppock was first found in Cheshire
where they held a family seat
as Lords of the Manor. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. The language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. But Saxon surnames survived and the family name was first referenced in the year 1379 when William Coppoke held lands in East Cheshire.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Coppock, Coppack, Coppak, Coppick, Coppuck and others.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Coppock research. Another 197 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1539, 1746, 1957, 1455 and 1487 are included under the topic Early Coppock History in all our PDF Extended History products
More information is included under the topic Early Coppock Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Coppock Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Bartholomew Coppock, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1682 with the William Penn colonists
- Bartholomew Coppock, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1682
- Aaron Coppock, recorded in Maryland in 1690
- E.S.C. Coppock, American technical analysis specialist, eponym of the Coppock curve used in the stock market
- Chet Coppock (b. 1949), American Emmy award-winning radio broadcaster, television broadcaster and sports talk personality
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Bradford, William. History of Plymouth Plantation 1620-1647 Edited by Samuel Eliot Morrison 2 Volumes. New York: Russell and Russell, 1968. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Mills, A.D. Dictionary of English Place-Names. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-19-869156-4).
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. The Tartans of the Clans and Families of Scotland 1st Edition. Edinburgh: W & A. K. Johnston Limited, 1938. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Reaney P.H and R.M. Wilson. A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X).
The Coppock Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Coppock Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 11 March 2014 at 15:47.
on orders of $85 or more