Conybeare History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Conybeare family
The surname Conybeare was first found in Devon where they held a family seat at Collibear, a hamlet in the parish of Tawstock. "The change from 'i' to 'y' is common; compare bannister and baluster. This is a familiar Devonshire name." 
Early History of the Conybeare family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Conybeare research. Another 39 words (3 lines of text) covering the years 1641, 1642, 1690, 1757, 1692, 1755, 1691, 1703 and 1706 are included under the topic Early Conybeare History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Conybeare Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Coneybear, Conibeer, Conyber, Connybeare, Conibeere, Connabear and many more.
Early Notables of the Conybeare family (pre 1700)
Notables of the family at this time include John Coneybeare (1692-1755), Bishop of Bristol, born 31 Jan. 1691 at Pinhoe, near Exeter, of which place his father...
Another 27 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Conybeare Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Conybeare migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Conybeare Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Ann Conybeare, who arrived in America in 1773
Contemporary Notables of the name Conybeare (post 1700) +
- William John Conybeare (1815-1857), English divine and author, eldest son of the Rev. William Daniel Conybeare
- William Daniel Conybeare (1787-1857), English geologist and divine, younger brother of John Josias Conybeare, born in June 1787
- John Josias Conybeare (1779-1824), English geologist and scholar, elder son of Dr. William Conybeare, the rector of Bishopsgate, who was the son of Bishop (John) Conybeare
Related Stories +
- ^ Bardsley, C.W, A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6)