Collazo History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Collazo family
The surname Collazo was first found in Velletri a town in the province of Rome Italy. It is the seat of the Bishop of Ostia. It is notable for its vineyards. The city dates back to the 4th century B.C. It is rich in art and other treasures. The Palazzo Ginetti is notable. The highest point is the municipal palace. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry. The first recorded member of the family was Agostino e Benedette who was a first senator of the city in 1506 and 1510.
Early History of the Collazo family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Collazo research. Another 86 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1523 and 1554 are included under the topic Early Collazo History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Collazo Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Collazzo, Colaza, Collazo, Collazza, Collazzi, Colazzi, Collazi, Collazza and many more.
Early Notables of the Collazo family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Collazo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Collazo is the 2,661st most popular surname with an estimated 12,435 people with that name. 
Collazo migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Collazo Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- S. Collazo, who settled in New Orleans in 1831
- E. Collazo, who arrived in New Orleans in 1831
- E Collazo, aged 35, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1831 
- S Collazo, aged 16, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1831 
- R. Collazo, who settled in Baltimore in 1874
Contemporary Notables of the name Collazo (post 1700) +
- Luis Collazo (b. 1981), American boxer in the welterweight division
- Manuela Santiago Collazo (1936-2010), Puerto Rican politician
- Guillermo Collazo (1850-1896), Cuban painter
- Patrice Collazo (b. 1974), French rugby union footballer
- William Collazo (b. 1979), Puerto Rican Major League Baseball pitcher
- Julio "Julito" Collazo (1925-2004), Cuban master percussionist
- William Collazo (b. 1986), Cuban Olympic sprinter
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)