Coiesfithay History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Coiesfithay is a name of ancient Anglo-Saxon origin and comes from a family once having lived in the parish of Cottesford, which is in the diocese of Oxford. 
Early Origins of the Coiesfithay family
The surname Coiesfithay was first found in Oxfordshire, at Cottesford, a small parish, in the union of Bicester, hundred of Ploughley. 
Early History of the Coiesfithay family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Coiesfithay research. Another 74 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1273, 1567, 1593, 1555, 1540 and 1555 are included under the topic Early Coiesfithay History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Coiesfithay Spelling Variations
The English language only became standardized in the last few centuries; therefore,spelling variations are common among early Anglo-Saxon names. As the form of the English language changed, even the spelling of literate people's names evolved. Coiesfithay has been recorded under many different variations, including Cottesford, Cosford, Cotesford, Cosforde, Cotesforde, Cotsford and many more.
Early Notables of the Coiesfithay family (pre 1700)
Another 46 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Coiesfithay Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Coiesfithay family
For many English families, the political and religious disarray that shrouded England made the far away New World an attractive prospect. On cramped disease-ridden ships, thousands migrated to those British colonies that would eventually become Canada and the United States. Those hardy settlers that survived the journey often went on to make important contributions to the emerging nations in which they landed. Analysis of immigration records indicates that some of the first North American immigrants bore the name Coiesfithay or a variant listed above: Richard Cotesford, who sailed to Maryland in 1638; and Thomas Cotsfort, who sailed to Maryland in 1667.