at Saltley, a hamlet, in the parish and union of Aston, Birmingham division of the
of Hemlingford. "In the time of Henry II. this place was called Saluthley, and belonged to the Rokebys. It was subsequently held by the family of Clodshale, who had their seat here, and one of whom received licence from Bishop Stretton in the 34th of Edward III. for an oratory or chapel at Saltley."
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Cloeshaw research.Another 144 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1510, 1600, 1100, 1167, 1455 and 1487 are included under the topic Early Cloeshaw History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
of this family name include: Clodishall, Cloeshall, Clowshall, Cloughshall, Clooshall, Closhall, Clotshall, Clodshull, Closhull, Glodishall, Gloedshall, Glodshull and many more.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: the name represented in many forms and recorded from the mid 17th century in the great migration from Europe. Migrants settled in the eastern seaboard from Newfoundland, to Maine, to Virginia, the Carolinas, and to the islands..