Civitella History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Civitella family
The surname Civitella was first found in Padua (Italian: Padova, Latin: Patavium, Venetian: Padoa), where they held a family seat
with lands and estates. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Civitella family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Civitella research.Another 196 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1220, 1232, 1279, 1341, 1462, 1475, 1636 and 1704 are included under the topic Early Civitella History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Civitella Spelling Variations
Early Notables of the Civitella family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Civitella Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Civitella family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Civitella Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Giulio Civitella, aged 51, who landed in America from Napoli, in 1900
- Donato Civitella, aged 16, who settled in America from Gaurguyrele, Italy, in 1903
- Michelangelo Civitella, aged 19, who emigrated to the United States from Caiazzo, Italy, in 1907
- Giulio Civitella, aged 60, who emigrated to America from Piana di Caiozzo, Italy, in 1909
- Carmine Civitella, aged 29, who emigrated to the United States from Pontelatone, Italy, in 1910
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Civitella Family Crest Products