Cittadella History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Cittadella family
The surname Cittadella was first found in Padua (Italian: Padova, Latin: Patavium, Venetian: Padoa), where they held a family seat
with lands and estates. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Cittadella family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Cittadella research.Another 391 words (28 lines of text) covering the years 1220, 1232, 1279, 1341, 1462, 1475, 1636 and 1704 are included under the topic Early Cittadella History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Cittadella Spelling Variations
Early Notables of the Cittadella family (pre 1700)
Another 19 words (1 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Cittadella Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Cittadella family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Cittadella Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Clemente Cittadella, aged 27, who settled in America from Rasai, Italy, in 1909
- Ambrogio Cittadella, aged 23, who landed in America from Valguarnera, Sicily, in 1910
- Filippa Cittadella, aged 1, who emigrated to the United States from Valguarnera, Italy, in 1912
- Gaetano Cittadella, aged 6, who landed in America from Valguarnera, Italy, in 1912
- Giuseppa Cittadella, aged 29, who emigrated to America from Valguarnera, Italy, in 1912
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Cittadella Family Crest Products