Chuck History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Chuck family
The surname Chuck was first found in Lancashire at Ormskirk. The first record of the family was Thomas Such, who complained early in the reign of Elizabeth that certain of the inhabitants of Ormskirk had taken their corn to other mills. The entry continues: apparently there were complaints against the miller that the corn was not so well ground by him and that he took, or lost, an excessive proportion of the flour. In the end, Thomas Such built a new mill at the Knoll to help solve the issue. 
Early History of the Chuck family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Chuck research. Another 134 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1510, 1600, 1394, 1415, 1420 and 1703 are included under the topic Early Chuck History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Chuck Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Zouch, Zouche, Souch, Souche and others.
Early Notables of the Chuck family (pre 1700)
Another 33 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Chuck Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Chuck family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: the name represented in many forms and recorded from the mid 17th century in the great migration from Europe. Migrants settled in the eastern seaboard from Newfoundland, to Maine, to Virginia, the Carolinas, and to the islands..
Contemporary Notables of the name Chuck (post 1700) +
- Chuck Graham (1965-2020), American politician in the Democratic Party
- Chuck Mittan, American Snake Alley Festival of Film Award winning writer from Nebraska, known for Shivers Down Your Spine (2015), Shakespeare with Noodles (2014) and Eskimo Kisses (2018)
- Chuck McCann (1934-2018), American comedian, radio, stage, television, and film actor, voice artist, known for his program "The Chuck McCann Show"
- Chuck Wojslaw, American Republican politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from California 16th District, 1996
- Chuck Klausing (1925-2018), American football player and head football coach at Indiana University of Pennsylvania from 1964 to 1969, inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 1998
- Chuck Lempesis, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Idaho, 1988
- Chuck Heater (b. 1952), American football coach and former player
- Chuck Muth (b. 1959), American President of Citizen Outreach, former executive director of the American Conservative Union
- Chuck Stadler, American Democrat politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Michigan 10th District, 2012 
- Chuck Cozzens, American Republican politician, Candidate for U.S. Senator from Montana, 1984 
Related Stories +
- ^ 'Townships: Scarisbrick', in A History of the County of Lancaster: Volume 3, ed. William Farrer and J Brownbill (London, 1907), pp. 265-276. British History Online http://www.british-history.ac.uk/vch/lancs/vol3/pp265-276 [accessed 21 January 2017].
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, April 29) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 27) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html