Chomel History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Chomel family
The surname Chomel was first found in Languedoc where this family were from very early times.
Important Dates for the Chomel family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Chomel research. Another 269 words (19 lines of text) covering the years 1044, 1299, 1340, 1370, 1425, 1532, 1600, 1700, 1740, 1672, 1757 and 1700 are included under the topic Early Chomel History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Chomel Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Chomel, Chomelle, Chomelles, Chaumel, Chaumelle, Chaumelles, Chalmel, Comel, Comelle, Comelles, Commel, Commelle, Commelles, Chommel, Chommelle, Chommelles, Chaummel, Chaummelle and many more.
Early Notables of the Chomel family (pre 1700)
Another 36 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Chomel Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Chomel family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: William Comell settled in Virginia in 1654; and Dugwell Comell settled in Barbados with his servants in 1680.
Contemporary Notables of the name Chomel (post 1700)
- Lieutenant-General Raymond-Emmanuel-Marie-Simon Chomel (1897-1989), French Member of the Supreme War Council (1957) 
- Pierre-Jean-Baptiste Chomel, French Botanist and Physician
- August François Chomel, French Physician
- Antoine Chomel, French Astronomer
- Denys Chomel, Graphic Artist, Paris
You May Also Like
- ^ Generals of World War II. (Retrieved 2011, October 3) Raymond-Emmanuel-Marie-Simon Chomel. Retrieved from http://generals.dk/general/Chomel/Raymond-Emmanuel-Marie-Sim%C3%A9on/France.html