Early Origins of the Chappuis family
The surname Chappuis was first found in Forez
, a former province of France, now part of the modern Loire, the Haute-Loire and Puy-de-Dôme départements, where they have held a family seat
since the 1100's.
Early History of the Chappuis family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Chappuis research.Another 667 words (48 lines of text) covering the years 1109, 1389, 1536, 1630, 1641, 1667, 1710 and 1696 are included under the topic Early Chappuis History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Chappuis Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Chaput, Chapue, Chapud, Chapus, Chapout, Chapoue, Chapoud, Chapous, Chapput, Chappue, Chappud, Chappus, Chappout, Chappoue, Chappoud, Chappous, Shaput, Shapue, Shapus, Shapout, Shapoue, Shapoud, Shappous, Shapput, Shappue, Shappud, Shappus, Shappout, Shappoue, Shappoud, Shappous, Chapuis, Chapus and many more.
Early Notables of the Chappuis family (pre 1700)
Another 25 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Chappuis Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Chappuis family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Nicolas Chaput married Angélique Loisel in Québec in 1716; Jean-Baptiste Chaput, son of Nicolas and Angélique Gauthier married Agathe Thouin, daughter of Germain and Madeleine Beaudoin in Qué.
Contemporary Notables of the name Chappuis (post 1700)
- Eliane Cat-Tuong Chappuis (b. 1978), American model, actress, singer, and producer, known for her work on Gangs of New York (2002) and Soundman (1998)
- Jason Lamy- Chappuis (b. 1986), American five-time gold medalist ski jumper and cross-country skier
- Robert Richard "Bob" Chappuis (1923-2012), American football player, inductee into the College Football Hall of Fame
- John A. Chappuis, American Democrat politician, Member of Connecticut State House of Representatives from Warren; Elected 1904 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, December 1) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Paul Emile Chappuis (1816-1887), French photographer, inventor and manufacturer of daylight reflectors
- Venerable Marie de Sales Chappuis (1793-1875), French Roman Catholic nun and a spiritual leader in the Order of the Visitation of Holy Mary
- Major-General Lon-Jean Chappuis (1896-1953), CITATION[CLOSE]
Generals of World War II. (Retrieved 2011, October 3) Lon-Jean Chappuis. Retrieved from http://generals.dk/general/Chappuis/L%C3%A9on-Jean/France.html
- Liliane Chappuis (b. 1955), Swiss politician, member of the Swiss National Council (1999-2003 and 2007)
- Pascal Chappuis (b. 1973), Swiss visual effects artisit, known for his work on X2 (2003) The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (2005) and Superman Returns (2006)
- Charyl Yannis Chappuis (b. 1992), Swiss-Thai professional footballer