Chambless History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Chambless family
The surname Chambless was first found in Burgundy (French: Bourgogne), an administrative and historical region of east-central France where the family has been a prominent family for centuries, and held a family seat with lands and manor. The family were well established in the region of Dijonnais and several members of the family distinguished themselves through their contributions toward the community in which they lived and were rewarded with lands, titles and letters patent confirming their nobility.
Early History of the Chambless family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Chambless research. Another 79 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1641, 1687, 1673, 1688 and 1763 are included under the topic Early Chambless History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Chambless Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Chamblis, Chambliss, Chamblay, Chambley, Chambly and many more.
Early Notables of the Chambless family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family at this time was Jacques de Chambly (died 1687), French military officer who became a seigneur in the New World and a Governor of Acadia in 1673.
Pierre Carlet de Chamblain de Marivaux (1688-1763)...
Another 36 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Chambless Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Chambless is the 7,166th most popular surname with an estimated 4,974 people with that name. 
Chambless migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Chambless Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Nathaniel Chambless, who arrived in New Jersey in 1675 
- Nathaniel, Chambless Jr., who landed in New Jersey in 1675 
Chambless Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Solomon Chambless, who settled in Texas in 1837
Contemporary Notables of the name Chambless (post 1700) +
- Matt Chambless, American musician, former drummer for Ingram Hill, a rock band from Memphis, Tennessee
- Chris Chambless, American co-founder and CMO of Ambit Energy, an American multi-level marketing company in the fields of electricity and natural gas services in 2006
- Edgar Chambless, American urban planner
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)