Cavett History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Noble surnames, such as Cavett, evoke images of the ancient homeland of the French people. The original bearer of the name Cavett, which is a local surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Picardy. In France, hereditary surnames were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate.
Early Origins of the Cavett family
The surname Cavett was first found in Picardy (French: Picardie) in northern France, where the family held a family seat since ancient times.
Important Dates for the Cavett family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Cavett research. Another 126 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1789, 1804, and 1864 are included under the topic Early Cavett History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Cavett Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Chavot, Chavo, Chavaux, Chaveau, Chaveaux, Cheval, Chevau, Chevaux, Cheveau, Cheveaux, Queval, Quéval, Chaval, Chevet, Chevé, Chevée, Chever, Schavot, Schavo, Schaval and many more.
Early Notables of the Cavett family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Cavett Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Cavett migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Cavett Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Cavett Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- William Gray Cavett, aged 30, arrived in New York City in 1908 aboard the ship "Celtic" from Liverpool, England 
Contemporary Notables of the name Cavett (post 1700)
- Richard Alva "Dick" Cavett (b. 1936), American three-time Emmy Award winning and ten-time Emmy Award nominated television personality and former talk show host, best known for his eponymous The Dick Cavett Show
- Kenneth Cavett, American actor, known for Freedom (2015), The Men Who Built America (2012) and Boardwalk Empire (2010)
- Denita Cavett, American Primetime Emmy Award nominated costumer designer
- Morgan Cavett (1944-2004), American composer, son of Frank Morgan Cavett
- Jon Cavett (b. 1966), American actor, known for his role in Star Trek
- Frank Morgan Cavett (1905-1973), American two-time Academy Award winning writer and assistant director
You May Also Like
- ^ "New York Passenger Arrival Lists (Ellis Island), 1892-1924," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:JX54-L5Q : 6 December 2014), William Gray Cavett, 10 Sep 1908; citing departure port Liverpool, arrival port New York City, ship name Celtic, NARA microfilm publication T715 and M237 (Washington D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d.).