on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Castor family come from? What is the English Castor family crest and coat of arms? When did the Castor family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Castor family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Coster, Costar, Costard, Costerman and others.
First found in Gloucestershire in the west of England where they held a family seat from very ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Castor research. Another 169 words(12 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Castor History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 23 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Castor Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Castor Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Samuel Castor, who landed in Virginia in 1664
Castor Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Julius Castor, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1867
Castor Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Joseph Castor, aged 46, landed in St Pierre and Miquelon in 1767
- Betty Castor (b. 1941), American educator and politician, past President of the University of South Florida
- Bruce Castor (b. 1961), American lawyer and politician, District Attorney of Montgomery County
- George A. Castor (1855-1906), American politician
- Jimmy Castor (b. 1947), American pop and funk musician, best known of his hit Troglodyte (Cave Man)
- Kathy Castor (b. 1966), American politician, U.S. Representative for Florida's 11th congressional district
- Brian Castor (1889-1979), Guyanese-born, English cricketer
- Benjamin Castor (1741-1825) and Descendants.
- Shirley, Evelyn Philip. Noble and Gentle Men of England Or Notes Touching The Arms and Descendants of the Ancient Knightley and Gentle Houses of England Arranged in their Respective Counties 3rd Edition. Westminster: John Bowyer Nichols and Sons, 1866. Print.
- Thirsk, Joan. The Agrarian History of England and Wales. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press: 7 Volumes. Print.
- Reaney P.H and R.M. Wilson. A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X).
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Mills, A.D. Dictionary of English Place-Names. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-19-869156-4).
- Bardsley, C.W. A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6).
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
The Castor Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Castor Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 23 December 2012 at 19:32.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more