on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Castor family come from? What is the English Castor family crest and coat of arms? When did the Castor family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Castor family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Coster, Costar, Costard, Costerman and others.
First found in Gloucestershire in the west of England where they held a family seat from very ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Castor research. Another 169 words(12 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Castor History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 23 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Castor Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Castor Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Samuel Castor, who landed in Virginia in 1664
Castor Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Julius Castor, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1867
Castor Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Joseph Castor, aged 46, landed in St Pierre and Miquelon in 1767
- Betty Castor (b. 1941), American educator and politician, past President of the University of South Florida
- Bruce Castor (b. 1961), American lawyer and politician, District Attorney of Montgomery County
- George A. Castor (1855-1906), American politician
- Jimmy Castor (b. 1947), American pop and funk musician, best known of his hit Troglodyte (Cave Man)
- Kathy Castor (b. 1966), American politician, U.S. Representative for Florida's 11th congressional district
- Brian Castor (1889-1979), Guyanese-born, English cricketer
- Benjamin Castor (1741-1825) and Descendants.
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Dunkling, Leslie. Dictionary of Surnames. Toronto: Collins, 1998. Print. (ISBN 0004720598).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Ingram, Rev. James. Translator Anglo-Saxon Chronicle 1823. Print.
- Bradford, William. History of Plymouth Plantation 1620-1647 Edited by Samuel Eliot Morrison 2 Volumes. New York: Russell and Russell, 1968. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
The Castor Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Castor Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 23 December 2012 at 19:32.
on orders of $85 or more