Castille History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Castille surname is derived from the same roots as the French word "château", which means "castle".
Early Origins of the Castille family
The surname Castille was first found in Artois, a former province of northern France where this illustrious family held a family seat with lands and manor for many centuries.
Chastel, Haute-Loire, is in the Haute-Loire department; Chastel, Haute-Loire, is in the Haute-Loire department; Chastel-Arnaud, is in the Drôme department; Chastel-Nouvel, is in the Lozère department; and Chastel-sur-Murat, is in the Cantal department.
Guigo I also known as Guigues du Chastel, Guigo de Castro and Guigo of Saint-Romain, (1083-1136), was a Carthusian monk and the 5th prior of Grande Chartreuse monastery in the 12th century.
Tanneguy III du Chastel (or Tanguy du Châtel) (1369-1449) was a French military leader of the Hundred Years' War. he was so well regarded the King Louis XI had him buried at the Basilique Notre-Dame de Cléry-Saint-André (Loiret), where Louis XI himself was later buried in 1483.
Early History of the Castille family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Castille research. Another 101 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1274, 1618, 1712, 1644, 1681, 1616, 1694, 1635, 1683, 1684, 1749, 1684, 1703 and 1716 are included under the topic Early Castille History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Castille Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Castel, Castet, Castets, Castex, Castelli, Ducastel, Delcastel and many more.
Early Notables of the Castille family (pre 1700)
Another 50 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Castille Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Castille is the 12,254th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name.  However, in France, the name Castille is ranked the 6,623rd most popular surname with an estimated 1,000 - 1,500 people with that name. 
Castille migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Castille Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Joseph Castille, who arrived in Maryland in 1763 
- Lamarthe Castille, who arrived in Maryland in 1763 
Castille Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Juan Castille, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1829 
Contemporary Notables of the name Castille (post 1700) +
- Simeon Castille (b. 1985), American AFL football cornerback
- Timothy Nehemiah Castille (b. 1984), American NFL football fullback
- Jeremiah Castille (b. 1961), American NFL football player
- Ron Castille, American Republican politician, Candidate in primary for Mayor of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1991; Justice of Pennsylvania State Supreme Court, 2002 
- Hippolyte Castille (1820-1886), French writer and polemicist
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ http://www.journaldesfemmes.com/nom-de-famille/nom/
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 9) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html