Early Origins of the Cassinelli family
The surname Cassinelli was first found in Modena (Etruscan: Mutna; Latin: Mutina; Modenese: Mòdna), a city in Emilia capital of the province of Modena. It became Roman in 215 B.C. It was successfully defended by Brutus against Mark Anthony. It changed hands many times between Church and Duchy. In 1859 the inhabitants declared in favor of unity with the Kingdom of Italy. The Ducal Palace is a notable. Rich in art the city has many museums and galleries. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor. Cusano Milanino is a town and comune in the province of Milan, in Lombardy
and Cusano Mutri is a comune in the province of Benevento in Campania.
Early History of the Cassinelli family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Cassinelli research.Another 387 words (28 lines of text) covering the years 1712, 1782, 1852, 1421, 1457, 1625, 1712, 1677, 1756, 1478, 1600, 1711, 1700, 1659, 1714, 1658 and 1720 are included under the topic Early Cassinelli History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Cassinelli Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Cassano, Cassani, Cassiano, Cassiani, Casciano, Casciani, Cassanello, Cassanelli, Cascianelli, Cascianini, Cassius, Casano, Casana, Casani, Casiano, Casino, Cassino, Cascante and many more.
Early Notables of the Cassinelli family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Andrea del Castagno (c.
1421-1457), an Italian painter from Florence; Giovanni Domenico Cassini (1625-1712), Italian-born, French astronomer, eponym of numerous craters and Cassini's Laws; Jacques Cassini (1677-1756), French astronomer, son of Giovanni Domenico Cassini; Antonio Cassano, a captain of the militia in Famagosta in... Another 99 words (7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Cassinelli Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Cassinelli family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Cassinelli Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Elisa Cassinelli, aged 21, who settled in America from Travo, Piacenza, Italy, in 1908
- Daniele Cassinelli, aged 20, who emigrated to the United States from S. Maria, Italy, in 1910
- Carlo Cassinelli, aged 34, who settled in America from Cortigione, Italy, in 1910
- Augusto Cassinelli, aged 32, who landed in America from Govone, Italy, in 1911
- Eugenio Cassinelli, aged 22, who landed in America from Tornolo, Italy, in 1911
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Cassinelli (post 1700)
- Dolores Cassinelli (1888-1984), American silent film actress who appeared in 69 films
- Roberto Cassinelli (b. 1956), Italian politician and lawyer, Member of the Italian Chamber of Deputies (2009)