Early Origins of the Cassiani family
The surname Cassiani was first found in Modena (Etruscan: Mutna; Latin: Mutina; Modenese: Mòdna), a city in Emilia capital of the province of Modena. It became Roman in 215 B.C. It was successfully defended by Brutus against Mark Anthony. It changed hands many times between Church and Duchy. In 1859 the inhabitants declared in favor of unity with the Kingdom of Italy. The Ducal Palace is a notable. Rich in art the city has many museums and galleries. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor. Cusano Milanino is a town and comune in the province of Milan, in Lombardy
and Cusano Mutri is a comune in the province of Benevento in Campania.
Early History of the Cassiani family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Cassiani research.Another 387 words (28 lines of text) covering the years 1712, 1782, 1852, 1421, 1457, 1625, 1712, 1677, 1756, 1478, 1600, 1711, 1700, 1659, 1714, 1658 and 1720 are included under the topic Early Cassiani History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Cassiani Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Cassano, Cassani, Cassiano, Cassiani, Casciano, Casciani, Cassanello, Cassanelli, Cascianelli, Cascianini, Cassius, Casano, Casana, Casani, Casiano, Casino, Cassino, Cascante and many more.
Early Notables of the Cassiani family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Andrea del Castagno (c.
1421-1457), an Italian painter from Florence; Giovanni Domenico Cassini (1625-1712), Italian-born, French astronomer, eponym of numerous craters and Cassini's Laws; Jacques Cassini (1677-1756), French astronomer, son of Giovanni Domenico Cassini; Antonio Cassano, a captain of the militia in Famagosta in... Another 99 words (7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Cassiani Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Cassiani family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Cassiani Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Angela Cassiani, aged 19, who settled in America from Norcia, Italy, in 1912
- Rosa Cassiani, aged 20, who landed in America from Filattiera, Italy, in 1912
- Silvio Cassiani, aged 25, who settled in America from Filattiera, Italy, in 1912
- Carlo Cassiani, aged 16, who landed in America from Pesaro, Italy, in 1913
- Eurico Cassiani, aged 38, who emigrated to the United States from Folatueia, Italy, in 1914
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Cassiani (post 1700)
- Padre Stefano Cassiani, Italian painter of the Baroque
- Edwin Cassiani Tejedor (b. 1972), Columbian retired male boxer
- Francisco Geovanis Cassiani Gómez (b. 1970), Columbian retired male football defender