Early Origins of the Cascio family
The surname Cascio was first found in Modena (Etruscan: Mutna; Latin: Mutina; Modenese: Mòdna), a city in Emilia capital of the province of Modena. It became Roman in 215 B.C. It was successfully defended by Brutus against Mark Anthony. It changed hands many times between Church and Duchy. In 1859 the inhabitants declared in favor of unity with the Kingdom of Italy. The Ducal Palace is a notable. Rich in art the city has many museums and galleries. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor. Cusano Milanino is a town and comune in the province of Milan, in Lombardy
and Cusano Mutri is a comune in the province of Benevento in Campania.
Early History of the Cascio family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Cascio research.Another 194 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1712, 1782, 1852, 1421, 1457, 1625, 1712, 1677, 1756, 1478, 1600, 1711, 1700, 1659, 1714, 1658 and 1720 are included under the topic Early Cascio History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Cascio Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Cassano, Cassani, Cassiano, Cassiani, Casciano, Casciani, Cassanello, Cassanelli, Cascianelli, Cascianini, Cassius, Casano, Casana, Casani, Casiano, Casino, Cassino, Cascante and many more.
Early Notables of the Cascio family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Andrea del Castagno (c.
1421-1457), an Italian painter from Florence; Giovanni Domenico Cassini (1625-1712), Italian-born, French astronomer, eponym of numerous craters and Cassini's Laws; Jacques Cassini (1677-1756), French astronomer, son of Giovanni Domenico Cassini; Antonio Cassano, a captain of the militia in Famagosta in 1478; Giovanni Francesco Cassana was a famous painter around 1600; Maria Vittoria Cassana (died 1711) was an Italian painter of the late-Baroque; Nicol Cassana... Another 75 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Cascio Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Cascio family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Cascio Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Andrina Maria Teresa Cascio, aged 41, who landed in America from Polozzi Generoso, in 1893
Cascio Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Alfonso Cascio, aged 38, who immigrated to the United States from Caterina, in 1902
- Anna Cascio, aged 46, who settled in America from Tusa, in 1902
- Angela Cascio, aged 36, who immigrated to the United States from Partanna, Sicily, in 1907
- Antonina Cascio, aged 2, who landed in America from Salaparnto, Sicily, in 1910
- Alberto Cascio, aged 35, who landed in America from Castelvetrano, Trapani, in 1910
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Cascio (post 1700)
- Anna Theresa Cascio (b. 1955), American television soap opera writer
- Jason Cascio (b. 1985), American soccer player
- Joseph N. Cascio, American Democrat politician, Candidate for Pennsylvania State Senate 36th District, 1954, 1960
- Elio Lo Cascio (b. 1948), Italian historian
- Salvatore Cascio (b. 1979), Italian film and television actor
- Luigi Lo Cascio (b. 1967), Italian actor
Cascio Family Crest Products