Cammarata History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Cammarata surname is thought to be of local in origin; that is, a surname derived a pre-existing place name, the Italian town of Camerata. Alternatively, some instances of the surname may have evolved from a nickname derived from the Italian word "camerata," meaning "comrade."
Early Origins of the Cammarata family
The surname Cammarata was first found in the city of Cammarata in the province of Agrigento, Sicily. The city name dates back to the Norman invasion of Sicily. Early instances of the name include Gian Francesco Camerata was a commander in Sutera in 1438. One noble line were the Camerata di Palermo (Sicily).
Early History of the Cammarata family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Cammarata research. Another 24 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Cammarata History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Cammarata Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Camarat, Cammarat, Camerata, Cammerata, Cammarata and many more.
Early Notables of the Cammarata family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Cammarata Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Cammarata is the 14,963rd most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name.  However, in France, the name Cammarata is ranked the 9,537th most popular surname with an estimated 500 - 1,000 people with that name. 
Cammarata migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Cammarata Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Filippo Cammarata of Palermo, who arrived at New Orleans on Nov. 6, 1882
- Giovanni Cammarata, who arrived at New York on May 24, 1884 aboard the "Alesia"
- Agostino Cammarata, who arrived in America on Dec. 1, 1884 aboard the "Waesland"
- Concetta Cammarata, who arrived in New York on Jan. 22, 1889 aboard the "Iniziativa"
Contemporary Notables of the name Cammarata (post 1700) +
- Taylor Cammarata (b. 1995), American ice hockey forward, USHL Rookie of the Year (2011-2012), Dave Tyler Junior Player of the Year Award (2013)
- Blacey Cammarata, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from New Jersey, 1988 
Historic Events for the Cammarata family +
Triangle Waist Company
- Miss Josephine Cammarata (b. 1894), Italian garment worker who was working at Triangle Waist Company factory at the Asch building in Greenwich Village on the 25th March 1911 when fire broke out; she died in the fire 
Related Stories +